Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did you wait until you got scheduled for the Oath Taking Ceremony?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did you wait until you got scheduled for the Oath Taking Ceremony?

So I passed the citizenship exam and I751/N400 combo interview with flying colors and was recently notified that my oath ceremony will be scheduled - now I wonder, how long did you wait until you got scheduled for the ceremony?

For me I think it it took like 2 weeks! The quickest way to find out when your Oath will be is to check the documents tab on your online account. It will appear there as soon as they post it!

Comment

Originally posted by okccanary View Post
      For me I think it it took like 2 weeks! The quickest way to find out when your Oath will be is to check the documents tab on your online account. It will appear there as soon as they post it!
      Thank you! I just saw my schedule for the oath ceremony - it’s in 3 weeks! So excited!

Comment

Originally posted by ihaveit29 View Post

Thank you! I just saw my schedule for the oath ceremony - it’s in 3 weeks! So excited!
        Ahh congrats!!!!! So excited for you!! Its a great feeling and your journey is almost over! After you get it I would recommend: registering to vote, getting a passport & passport card and then updating your SS to show you as a citizen! Then you can truly be done 😂

Comment

Ahh congrats!!!!! So excited for you!! Its a great feeling and your journey is almost over! After you get it I would recommend: registering to vote, getting a passport & passport card and then updating your SS to show you as a citizen! Then you can truly be done 😂

I will do all of that. I’m so excited!

Thank you so much for everything btw!! You’ve been there for a lot of members here for as long as I can remember. You are seriously the best!

Comment

I will do all of that. I’m so excited!

Thank you so much for everything btw!! You’ve been there for a lot of members here for as long as I can remember. You are seriously the best!

ahh cheers so much!! Just paying it forward to all the people who helped me!!

Comment

Congratulations and good luck!

Can I ask where did you have your N400 interview and where are you gonna have the Oath ceremony?
              C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
              03/23 PD
              04/10 4 NOAs I-797
              04/26 Biometrics in NO
              06/24 Fingerprint review completed
              09/05 RFIE I-485
              09/23 SR 765 - outside normal time
              10/15 Infopass Montgomery
              10/17 reply to RFIE sent
              10/23 RFIE received by NBC
              10/30 2nd CR filed SR for I-765
              11/01 Case ready to be scheduled for interview
              11/09 New Card produced
              11/13 Approved 765 & 131
              11/15 EAD mailed to me
              11/17 2 NOAs I-797
              11/19 Combo received
              12/07 Interview scheduled
              01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Got my N400 appointment on Monday 3/27 at 2pm. After sucessfully passing the test I was handed a paper with instructions to be back in the building at 2:59pm for 3:15pm ceremony.
                There were 9 of us in Montgomery, Alabama office. All family member who came had to stay outside, they rolled up the shades, so they could somehow see us inside.
                C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                03/23 PD
                04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                04/26 Biometrics in NO
                09/05 RFIE I-485
                10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                11/09 New Card produced
                11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                11/15 EAD mailed to me
                11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                11/19 Combo received
                01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Same day Oath?! Nice!!! Congrats!!!!!!! and thanks so much for updating!

Comment

Same day Oath?! Nice!!! Congrats!!!!!!! and thanks so much for updating!
                    Was surprised too. Thank you!
                    ​​
                    C9 - FO - Montgomery, AL
                    03/23 PD
                    04/10 4 NOAs I-797
                    04/26 Biometrics in NO
                    09/05 RFIE I-485
                    10/17 reply to RFIE sent
                    11/09 New Card produced
                    11/13 Approved 765 & 131
                    11/15 EAD mailed to me
                    11/17 2 NOAs I-797
                    11/19 Combo received
                    01/17/2019 Interview

Comment

Congrats!

I have a month-long trip immediately after the interview. Can I tell the interviewer on spot to delay it a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by NYC_USC_I130 View Post
                        Congrats!

I have a month-long trip immediately after the interview. Can I tell the interviewer on spot to delay it a bit?
                        That could be tricky, especially if you don’t get approved on the spot. My N400 did not get approved on the spot and had to wait a few days till I got a notification that I got approved. I feel like if you ask the officer to delay your ceremony invite in this case, they would make you wait for a long time. But that’s just my assumption.

I would probably only ask the officer if the invite could be delayed a bit if my N400 were approved on the spot or would wait for him to ask me if I have any impending travels.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC_USC_I130 View Post
                          Congrats!

For my own interview the Officer asked if I had any upcoming travel as they would schedule the Oath around that! If the Officer doesn't bring it up please mention your upcoming travel plans!!

As soon as you take the Oath you will then be required to have a US passport to leave the country! If the ceremony was the week before you could probably schedule an Emergency passport application which can only be done up to 3 days before international travel but that option is alot more expensive than the typical passport application routes.

If it was me I would definitely ask the officer to schedule the Oath for after you get back. However as previously stated this might end up being months after your interview.

Comment

Originally posted by dejnadejnadejna View Post

Congratulations and good luck!

Can I ask where did you have your N400 interview and where are you gonna have the Oath ceremony?
                            For me , the day of my test and interview was 03/13/2023 at downtown USCIS San Diego. It was the same day Sworn In after I passed the test. I ask the IO if I
                            could reschedule since I don't have my family with me to celebrate and I'm not aware it will be the same day but unfortunately the sworn in will be the same day after 1
                            hour I pass the test. I just got a selfie with my certificate once done with the the oat taking. Literally I was surprise and shock with same day oath taking.
                            10/10/19- Case is ready to be scheduled for interview...
                            10/29/19 - I-485 Interview notice received.

12/05/19 - Interview day @ 10:45 am

03/13/2023 - Interview for N400
                            03/13/2023 - Pass interview same day sworn in as US citizen.
                            03/18/2023 - Applied for US passport. Saturday Passport caravan.

Comment

Same here. I just had my interview yesterday and took the oath one hour later on the 9th floor, JFK building in Boston.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X