Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did you wait for your first US passport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did you wait for your first US passport?

Hi all,

I’m lucky to have scheduled an appointment at USPS for my passport application submission a few days after my oath ceremony.

It’s been almost 4 weeks though since the DOS received my passport application. I expedited my application and I know that the wait time for expedited applications take 5-7 weeks, but I also know a few who got theirs just 3 weeks after they submitted their applications.

My question now is - how long did you wait for your first US passport? Did you expedite your application? Also, how long after did you get your Naturalization certificate back from the DOS?

Thank you!

I did the normal process and not expedited. I applied 2/17/2022 and received it on 3/24/2022. I remember it staying on the first part for ages and then suddenly it was dispatched. I wouldn't worry too much! I'm guessing a fair few people would be applying around the same time as you for spring break passports so that might be why its on the longer side for expedited.

I remember the passports and the certificate arriving within a few days of each other but can't recall which one I received first!

Comment

Originally posted by okccanary View Post
      I did the normal process and not expedited. I applied 2/17/2022 and received it on 3/24/2022. I remember it staying on the first part for ages and then suddenly it was dispatched. I wouldn't worry too much! I'm guessing a fair few people would be applying around the same time as you for spring break passports so that might be why its on the longer side for expedited.

I remember the passports and the certificate arriving within a few days of each other but can't recall which one I received first!
      Thank you! I applied around the same day as you did, but this year. The status is indeed still stuck at the first part where they mentioned they received my application and they are reviewing the supporting documents. It’s been almost 4 weeks in that same status, sigh.

Hopefully I get a new update soon! The hotline they provided is useless - the automated response would just tell callers they can’t accept phone calls. I feel like at this point I was conned into paying the extra $ for the expedited fee. Lol.

Comment

Finally got an update that they approved my passport application and both book and card are being printed. Hopefully they mail them out soon lol.

Comment

Congrats!!! Would not be shocked if you also received it on the 24th like I did! I think they send it by priority so hopefully will be with you in the next couple of days!!

Also thanks so much for updating your status!! I know it will help ease other peoples fears when applying for passport!!

Comment

Originally posted by okccanary View Post
            Congrats!!! Would not be shocked if you also received it on the 24th like I did! I think they send it by priority so hopefully will be with you in the next couple of days!!

Also thanks so much for updating your status!! I know it will help ease other peoples fears when applying for passport!!
            Omg! It arrived today, the 24th! It’s so funny I got it the same day, but I’m just a year late! I think it’s because you were very helpful every step of the way! Hahaha!

thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by ihaveit29 View Post
              Hi all,

I’m lucky to have scheduled an appointment at USPS for my passport application submission a few days after my oath ceremony.

It’s been almost 4 weeks though since the DOS received my passport application. I expedited my application and I know that the wait time for expedited applications take 5-7 weeks, but I also know a few who got theirs just 3 weeks after they submitted their applications.

My question now is - how long did you wait for your first US passport? Did you expedite your application? Also, how long after did you get your Naturalization certificate back from the DOS?

Thank you!
              My passport took 2 weeks, not expedited. My wife’s has taken 4 weeks and counting, expedited

Comment

Originally posted by Mike E View Post

My passport took 2 weeks, not expedited. My wife’s has taken 4 weeks and counting, expedited
                I got mine on the 4th week, expedited. Then this news came out soon after I got my passport:

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Thursday the State Department is facing an “unprecedented demand” for passports, and has increased staffing and resources to deal with it.

Apparently, passport applications and renewals are backlogged due to post-pandemic travel surge.

Last edited by ihaveit29; 03-27-2023, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I got mine on the 4th week, expedited. Then this news came out soon after I got my passport:

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Thursday the State Department is facing an “unprecedented demand” for passports, and has increased staffing and resources to deal with it.

Apparently, passport applications and renewals are backlogged due to post-pandemic travel surge.

Two days after i commented my wife’s passport arrived.

Comment

Two days after i commented my wife’s passport arrived.
                    That’s awesome!

Btw, how long did you wait to get your Naturalization Certificate back? It’s been a week since I got my passport and passport card but still haven’t received my Naturalization Certificate. A little worried that it could have been lost in transit.

Comment

That’s awesome!

Btw, how long did you wait to get your Naturalization Certificate back? It’s been a week since I got my passport and passport card but still haven’t received my Naturalization Certificate. A little worried that it could have been lost in transit.
                      Still not back.

I have seen it take as long as 8 weeks

Comment

Still not back.

I have seen it take as long as 8 weeks
                        Finally got my Naturalization Certificate back.

I got it back almost 2 weeks after I received my passport.

Comment

I applied my passport last 03/18/2023 thru a passport caravan at Chula Vista. got there around 7 am and post office will open at 8 am. there was a long lines during that Saturday morning.
                          I was done at around 3 PM! 9 weeks will be the estimate arrival of my passport. normal processing time.
                          10/10/19- Case is ready to be scheduled for interview...
                          10/29/19 - I-485 Interview notice received.

12/05/19 - Interview day @ 10:45 am

03/13/2023 - Interview for N400
                          03/13/2023 - Pass interview same day sworn in as US citizen.
                          03/18/2023 - Applied for US passport. Saturday Passport caravan.

Comment

Originally posted by nriservice

The vast majority of all passport applications are being dealt with well within 10 weeks.​
                            You are 100% right.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X