Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differnce in N400 Processing based on "at least 5 yr GC" or "Married to US citizen"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differnce in N400 Processing based on "at least 5 yr GC" or "Married to US citizen"

Hi,

Is there a different speed in processing N400 based on choice?

1.) I am at least 18 years of age and have been a lawful permanent resident of the United States for at least 5 years.

2.) I am at least 18 years of age and have been a lawful permanent resident of the United States for at least 3 years. In addition, I have been married to and living with a U.S. citizen spouse for the last 3 years, and my spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last 3 years at the time I filed my Form N-400.

I can select either. Just wondering if one is faster than the other.

Originally posted by naols View Post
    Hi,

Is there a different speed in processing N400 based on choice?

1.) I am at least 18 years of age and have been a lawful permanent resident of the United States for at least 5 years.

2.) I am at least 18 years of age and have been a lawful permanent resident of the United States for at least 3 years. In addition, I have been married to and living with a U.S. citizen spouse for the last 3 years, and my spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last 3 years at the time I filed my Form N-400.

I can select either. Just wondering if one is faster than the other.

No difference in speed

Overall the 5 year basis has less required evidence except in one area: tax transcripts

The 3 year needs 3 years of tax transcripts

The 5 year needs 5. Only one problem: IRS.gov keeps just your last 3 transcripts. So if you have not been downloading these, file under the 3 year basis.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X