N600 or N600K? - complex case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N600 or N600K? - complex case

Hi all - TLDR: I'd like to have a certificate of citizenship for my son in order to avoid a situation where I might need to prove my son's citizenship every single time we're applying for a passport. While a passport technically is a conclusive proof of citizenship, we were questioned about it at the consulate when we wanted to renew, and it was quite a long and stressful process. don't want to go through that again.

Case is:

- Son was born outside of the us when my wife and I were LPR
    - A few months later, we got naturalized and were living in the US at the time, thus she became a citizen, and received a passport
    - Soon after, we left the country due to unforeseen personal challenges (family health matter we need to attend to). We thought we’d come back, but couldn’t
    - 1 year later made the decision to fully start living abroad.
    - Recently, his passport was about to expire - wanted to renew. As explained, consulae challenged the situation quite a bit. Eventually (many weeks) our case was accepted and he got issued a renewal passport
    - Don’t want to deal w it again so want to apply for Certificate of citizenship

now - given that we reside abroad. is the route n600 or n600k?

on the one hand, it feels it should be n600 as we were living in the US when she became a citizen. However the form says “do not file if you do not regularly reside in the us”

On the other hand, I go to n600k. Residence is not a challenge but it says “do not file if automatically acquired citizenship through ina 320”, which is my son’s case.

any guidance appreciated.

Hi Zonga85
    My minor child's US passport has just been revoked, my mistake i had not applied for his N600k citizenship certificate, you please do not do this mistake.
    just posted the details of my child at:
    Summary of my child’s case: * I got naturalized in August 2008. * In September 2008 applied for my 1 year old child’s green card, got approved, immigrant visa stamped in May 2009 at US embassy in Abu Dhabi and was informed once he enters USA, automatically becomes US citizen and can apply for his US passport as me the father

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X