Back on immihelp for Naturalization advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on immihelp for Naturalization advice

Hi, I haven't been on here for a while but after over 10 years as a legal alien, I'am determined to finally work on my citizenship. For that reason I would like to use this community to ask for advice.
    My first Question is, should I work on my citizenship with a lawyer since I would like to obtain " dual-citizenship " ( I'm currently still have my German citizenship ) .

If your case is straight forward (without any legal like tax or criminal court case issues), then a lawyer is not needed. N400 application is straight forward. You can always get answers to most questions online.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald_Trump View Post
      If your case is straight forward (without any legal like tax or criminal court case issues), then a lawyer is not needed. N400 application is straight forward. You can always get answers to most questions online.
      OK, great thank you. Would that be the same for ( N 400 ) if you want to keep one citizen ship ( if there is even such a thing as dual - citizenship anymore). ?

Comment

The US never cares about what other citizenships a US citizen has or doesn't have, and the US does not require naturalization applicants to do anything with respect to their other citizenships.

Whether you have citizenship of another country is solely determined by the law of that country. Under current German law, voluntarily naturalizing in a foreign country automatically causes loss of German citizenship, unless you get a Retention Permit (Beibehaltungsgenehmigung) beforehand. However, a new law which is most likely going to pass in the next few days, and will take effect in the coming months (date not certain yet), would make it so that foreign naturalization will not cause loss of German citizenship, without needing a Retention Permit.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          The US never cares about what other citizenships a US citizen has or doesn't have, and the US does not require naturalization applicants to do anything with respect to their other citizenships.

Whether you have citizenship of another country is solely determined by the law of that country. Under current German law, voluntarily naturalizing in a foreign country automatically causes loss of German citizenship, unless you get a Retention Permit (Beibehaltungsgenehmigung) beforehand. However, a new law which is most likely going to pass in the next few days, and will take effect in the coming months (date not certain yet), would make it so that foreign naturalization will not cause loss of German citizenship, without needing a Retention Permit.
          Thank you for the knowledgable very detailed information ! This is why I like to be on places like this to talk to experts!

Comment

Thanks for the info, I also want to know it. Now, I also would like to help you. If you are looking for reliable academic assistance. Then you can consider exploring edubirdie reviews for insights into this popular service. With Edubirdie, students can access expert help in writing essays, research papers, and more. Trusted by many, Edubirdie ensures quality, originality, and timely delivery, making it a top choice for academic support.
            Last edited by AprilKlein; 02-28-2024, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Hi, my wife and I are planning to submit our application for naturalization(N-400) online this month. We already had answered the required questions when we encountered this message below:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	135
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	807279

We migrated here(US) last Sept 23, 2017 and also had a travel on 2018 but less than 6 months which I did not include in the application since it is beyond the 5 year’s requirement. Our concern is that, are we to proceed/submit our application now or wait(for how many months). Are there any obstacles/issues that we will encounter, if yes how do we address it/them. Appreciate any comment comment/advice. Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X