Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C1D Visa with Cautions for Battery and Damage

Hi There

I have recently just been offered a position to work on a cruise ship and I need to apply for a C1D Visa for the U.S.

I applied for an ACPO police certificate which came back with "NO LIVE TRACE". After reading what this meant, it says that there is something on my record but the UK wouldn't pick it up on a CRB. I think its called the StepDown model. However I have read that the USA do not recognise the UK StepDown model.

The cautions were:

2 x Battery
    1 x Criminal damage

All these occurred on the same day: 24th March 2008. Its now 2015. so it's 7 years ago.

I am not a violent person and have not done anything ever like that since. It was a huge drunken mess when I was in a very bad place and a messy violent relationship to which I was the victim until I finally just snapped.. I accepted the caution because I was remorseful and ashamed at myself and just wanted the fiasco over. Since then I have sorted my life out, been to university and even moved city.

I was wondering will me visa get declined because of these cautions? It's quite a fair bit of money and involves travel to London so I was wondering if its worth it to be just denied?

Thanks in advance guys

It depends if any crimes involve moral turpitude. There are exceptions if it happened when you were a minor, or if the maximum sentence under the statute (that you were convicted under) is less than one year. The three prong test for moral turpitude is perpetrator-victim relationship, intent (at least recklessness), and the use of force beyond mere contact.

If you do not meet a clear exception, the consular officer may find you inadmissible, and put the burden on you to challenge that finding.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X