Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long can someone with C1 Visa stay in the US

Hi,

1. I have a friend who was a flight attendant. She would like to come to the US to deliver a baby. She probably will stay for about 2.5 months. Will she be able to stay using her crew visa?

2. Her husband works for an international corporation and will come to work in the US, couple months after her delivery of the baby, for at least 3 years. She will be with him also. Is it a good idea that she stay in the US and change her Visa type, suppose she has a valid visa to stay that long? The idea is to minimize international travel and quarantine.

TIA.

C1 or C1/D? In any case, neither C nor D statuses can do Extension of Stay or Change of Status. C1 is only for transit. D is for crewmembers awaiting their outbound flight. Neither are for medical treatment like delivering a baby.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

C1 is good only for continuous travel, i.e., you can't stop off even to stay overnight to give birth. C1/D will allow up to 29 days for certain crewmembers. We have a word for her idea, however, IMMIGRATION FRAUD. Coming to the US on either of these visas for the purpose of giving birth is ILLEGAL. I would recommend she investigate some other course of action.

Comment

C1 transit visas are non-immigrant visas for persons traveling in immediate and continuous transit through the United States enroute to another country, with few exceptions. If you already have a valid visitor (B) visa, you may be able to use it to transit the United States.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X