Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will health insurance lapse affect visa extension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will health insurance lapse affect visa extension?

Dear all,

I have an inquiry regarding the extension of my visa. As a postdoctoral researcher from France currently in the United States, I am seeking an extension for my J-1 Scholar visa to continue my research program for a few additional months. I am aware that I need to initiate this process before the expiration date of my current DS-2024 form, and I must also provide proof of health insurance coverage for the entire duration of the extension.

Unfortunately, there was a period at the beginning of my program where I mistakenly believed I had health insurance, but it turned out that I did not. However, this issue has been resolved, and I am now properly insured. My concern is whether this previous lapse in coverage may negatively impact my chances of obtaining a visa extension in the future, as I will be unable
    omegle and owespeedtest to shagle provide evidence of continuous health insurance coverage.

Thank you for your attention and assistance.

Last edited by EsafaliTakru; 07-06-2023, 01:13 AM.

Did you find the solution?
    I've just been diagnosed with hearing loss and I worry that my health insurance won't cover hearing aids. And I don't know how it will impact my visa extension.

Comment

Why don't you solve this problem first, before applying for visa then?
      You can find lots of hearing aids for sale online these days and don't even mention that in your application.
      I don't think it will have any impact on your application honestly if the problem will be solved already.
      Last edited by amystivens; 06-30-2023, 04:09 AM.

Comment

As a postdoctoral researcher from France currently in the United States on a J-1 Scholar visa, I understand that you are seeking an extension to continue your research program for a few additional months. It's important to note that initiating the extension process before the expiration date of your current DS-2024 form is indeed crucial.

Regarding your concern about health insurance coverage, it is unfortunate that there was a lapse in coverage during the initial period of your program, even though you believed you were insured. However, I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved and you now have proper health insurance coverage.

While I cannot provide specific information on how the previous lapse in coverage may impact your chances of obtaining a visa extension, it is essential to address this issue proactively. I recommend consulting with an immigration attorney or contacting the appropriate immigration authorities to explain the situation and seek guidance on how to proceed. They will be able to provide you with accurate and up-to-date information on any potential implications and the best course of action in your particular case.

It's crucial to provide all necessary documentation and evidence, including your current health insurance coverage, along with your visa extension application. Being transparent about the previous lapse and demonstrating your current compliance with the health insurance requirements should help clarify the situation and strengthen your case.

I encourage you to seek professional advice and guidance to ensure that you have the best chance of obtaining a visa extension. Immigration attorneys and experts in visa matters will have the expertise to provide personalized assistance based on your specific circumstances and any potential implications.

Wishing you the best of luck with your visa
        online2yu and echat extension application and your ongoing research program.
        Last edited by SurajkaliMotiar; 10-03-2023, 08:36 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X