Crewman landing permit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crewman landing permit ?

Hey reddit,long story short,I worked on a cruise ship. I have a C1/D visa issued in 2016,that expires in 2026. After I resigned few months ago,they took my I-95 (picture below),stamped https://omegle.onl/ vshare​ it and attached it to a page in my passport. Now I'm wondering if my visa is still valid,if I want to get a job on another US based vessel ?
    Last edited by kalbairav; 08-30-2023, 11:41 AM.

Hey there! It's essential to keep your immigration documents in check, especially when you're considering working on another US-based vessel. Based on the information you provided, here's what you need to know:
    1. Your C1/D visa: As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, a C1/D visa typically allows you to work on a cruise ship or any other vessel for a specific period. In your case, it was issued in 2016 and is set to expire in 2026. This means that your visa is still valid as long as it has not reached its expiration date.
    2. I-95 departure record: The I-95 departure record is essential for tracking your entries and exits from the United States. If your previous employer took your I-95 departure record, it's crucial to ensure that they've updated your exit information correctly. This record helps establish your compliance with visa regulations.
    3. Getting a job on another US-based vessel: If you wish to work on another US-based vessel, you will need to follow the appropriate immigration procedures. This usually involves securing a job offer from a US employer, and they may need to sponsor you for a new C1/D visa if your previous visa doesn't cover the new employment period. You should consult with your prospective employer or an immigration attorney to determine the specific requirements and steps involved in your situation.

Keep in mind that immigration regulations and policies can change, so it's always a good idea to consult with an immigration attorney or the nearest US embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding your visa status and employment opportunities in the United States. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Comment

Yes, your C1/D visa is still valid, even though you have resigned from your job on the cruise ship. The I-95 form is simply a record of your employment, and it does not affect your visa status.

The stamp on your I-95 form is likely an endorsement, which shows that you have been inspected and approved to enter the United States as a crewmember. This endorsement is valid for the duration of your visa, or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

If you are applying for a job on another US-based vessel, you will need to show your employer your passport, visa, and I-95 form. Your employer will then verify your employment eligibility with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
      • Your C1/D visa allows you to enter the United States as a crewmember on a commercial sea vessel or international airline.
      • You must have a valid employment contract with a US-based employer in order to use your C1/D visa.
      • You must depart the United States within 29 days of leaving your job as a crewmember.

If you have any further questions about your C1/D visa, you can contact the USCIS at 1-800-375-5283.

I hope this helps!

Comment

since your visa expires in 2026, it should still be valid unless there have been any specific changes or restrictions imposed on it. It is recommended to consult with the appropriate immigration authorities or seek legal advice to confirm the current status of your visa and its implications for obtaining a job on another US-based vessel.

Comment

Yes, your C1/D visa is still valid even though your I-95 form has been stamped and attached to a page in your passport. The I-95 form is only used to record your employment history on the cruise ship, and it does not affect the validity of your visa. Your C1/D visa allows you to enter the United States as a crewmember on a commercial sea vessel or international airline, and it remains valid until the expiration date of 2026.

If you are applying for a job on another US-based vessel, you will need to present your C1/D visa to the prospective employer. You will also need to provide proof of your employment history on the previous cruise ship, such as a pay stub or a letter from your previous employer.

Comment

Based on the information provided, your C1/D visa should still be valid for employment on another US-based vessel. The C1/D visa is specifically designed for crewmembers on seafaring vessels, and the fact that your visa is still valid until 2026 indicates that you are still eligible to work in this capacity. The I-95 stamp is simply a record of your employment history and should not affect your visa status.

However, it is always advisable to confirm your visa status with the U.S. Department of State or the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate before applying for a new job. They will be able to definitively tell you whether your visa is still valid and whether you need to take any additional steps to secure employment on a US-based vessel.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
            • The C1/D visa is only valid for employment on vessels that are engaged in trade with the United States.
            • You will need to have a valid passport from your country of citizenship in order to use your C1/D visa.
            • You may also need to have a certificate of competency koows from echat the U.S. Coast Guard in order to work on certain types of vessels.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me developerbook know if you have any other questions.
            Last edited by GrovtalGeorge; 11-28-2023, 05:43 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X