Urgent need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent need help

My visa stamping is getting expired on feb 8th 2006, but my J1 status has been extended upto 2008, My wife wants to apply for j2 from India, Is it wise me to go back and apply together .if anybody knows please tell me

Hi Pillai,

When you came to US on J=1 did your wife too come along with you? or she stayed back in INdia. If she is planning to come now then you send all your DS-2019 including the extended one. YOu talk to your international student services at your university or wherever you are. They will generate separate J=2 document for your wife. YOu need not go to india provided if you want to spend some peaceful and enjoyable time with your parents and friends.

Good luck with everything

Comment

thank you

Thank you for the advice
      she has got her documents for J2. she didnt come to USA.Initially my J1 status was only for 12 months and no funding from Instistute.She applied subsequently , but got refused on the ground that the remaining period being only 7 months.Now my J1 status got extented with funding from Institute.Since she was got refused earlier, I was wondering what is the best option available.

Comment

Hi Pillai,

YOu need not worry about her J-2 visa because you have got extension for 2 years (am I right?). So I do not see any problem now provided you have necessary documents.

Good luck

madgu

Comment

thank you

Thank you very much

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X