Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 persistent error

Hi,

I've been trying to complete my DS-160 form but I've been experiencing some trouble.

I get this message when I try to change a specific page:

An unexpected error has occurred while processing your previous request. The error has been reported to the site administrator; no further action is required. To retrieve your DS-160 application, please enter your Application ID.

Here I attach a screenshot of this problem. It's persistent and I've tried to Retrieve Application over and over but when I try to change to next page on 'Next: Work/Educational: Additional' I get that error from the screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DS160.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	591851

I've tried to submit a new form, didn't work. I've tried three different browsers, a different computer, also didn't work.

Can anybody help me out? I'm really concerned since I'm in a hurry to get my visa.

Hello.

Same happens with my application, exactly on the same step.

I have tried filing new one, retriving old one, re-uploading. Nothing helps.

Comment

I'm receiving the same error as I move forward to "Additional Work/Education/Training" Section! I tried different browsers, computers and internet providers!

Comment

@ AlexHun and DockM thanks for your replies.

Well it seems like this is a general problem. Maybe it's a problem in the US server? This is really inconvenient since I wanted to schedule the embassy interview today. Worse, it doesn't seem to be getting fixed, I've been trying since the beginning of the day until now which is 7:30 pm. I'm located in Portugal if it helps.

Comment

Same here (in Canada)

Originally posted by h4rdtrax View Post
          @ AlexHun and DockM thanks for your replies.

Well it seems like this is a general problem. Maybe it's a problem in the US server? This is really inconvenient since I wanted to schedule the embassy interview today. Worse, it doesn't seem to be getting fixed, I've been trying since the beginning of the day until now which is 7:30 pm. I'm located in Portugal if it helps.
          Hey guys! I have the same. I even called the US embassy and they told me that it was a technical issue on their side. They asked me to try again later. I called them 5 hours ago, but this problem hasn't been fixed yet.

- - - Updated - - -
          Last edited by CarrieB; 02-29-2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

same issue .. trying from yesterday afternoon .. no luck

Originally posted by CarrieB View Post
            Hey guys! I have the same. I even called the US embassy and they told me that it was a technical issue on their side. They asked me to try again later. I called them 5 hours ago, but this problem hasn't been fixed yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Facing exactly Same issue from yesterday ... Hope issue will fix soon !!!.
            "Additional ...under Education/Work experience " is the culprit.

I was able to fill for my Kids DS-160 as that don't need Education/Work experience .

Comment

Guys,
              I am having the same issue when selecting 'Next' on Additional.. Education/Work experience button.

Below is the best number I could find to contact the state department, but not sure if they can be of any help. Will contact them tomorrow and update here.

Phone: (603) 334-0888
              7:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. EST
              Monday through Friday
              (excluding holidays)
              The NVC is unable to answer nonimmigrant visa questions by fax or email.

Meanwhile if anyone has an update please post it here.

Comment

Hi there,

I have got the exact same issue when moving to "additional" information regarding work/education/training.
                Tried a second application in a different browser, did not work....so stuck for the time being.
                Please let me know if you're successful!
                Last edited by horst263; 02-29-2016, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Guys,
                  Just spoke to the state department customer service at below phone number:

National Visa Center (NVC)

Phone: (603) 334-0888
                  7:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. EST
                  Monday through Friday
                  (excluding holidays)

They are aware of the issue and opened a ticket to fix the issue it seems. But don't have any timeline or a better number for us to contact.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies.

I've tried to call my local US embassy in Portugal and they said that they were not able to access the system from the DS-160 so they couldn't help me. They pointed me out this site travel.state.gov but I was unable to find something useful.

@darkraider
                    thanks for the your call and info. Like you said if anyone manage to submit the DS-160 or have any news please submit here your experience.

Comment

Finally It is fixed !!!!

Originally posted by h4rdtrax View Post
                      Thank you all for your replies.

I've tried to call my local US embassy in Portugal and they said that they were not able to access the system from the DS-160 so they couldn't help me. They pointed me out this site travel.state.gov but I was unable to find something useful.

@darkraider
                      thanks for the your call and info. Like you said if anyone manage to submit the DS-160 or have any news please submit here your experience.
                      This issue is fixed now .... I am able to move to the next step ..hope it is fixed for everyone now.

Comment

Fixed!!!

Originally posted by zam View Post
                        This issue is fixed now .... I am able to move to the next step ..hope it is fixed for everyone now.
                        Yes, it is fixed, I can continue as well!!! Finally!

Comment

Thanks everyone,

I finally managed to submit my DS-160 form. It seems it is fixed for everybody!

Comment

Application Error

An unexpected error has occurred while processing your previous request. The error has been reported to the site administrator; no further action is required. To retrieve your DS-160 application, please enter your Application ID.

Comment

Hello. I have the same problem at the same step "Work/Educational: Additional". What is weird is that you had the same problem, on the same date, only just 4 years ago. The problem was not fixed after 4 years? What should i do? Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X