Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work experience

Hello,

I have been working on getting a J-1 trainee visa for over 3,5 months now. The designated sponsor company that is helping me sent me an email yesterday with some disturbing news.

During my school I have done several paid internships here in The Netherlands in the construction field. If you add them all up, they are more then 1 year experience in the related field. All the internships are done for credit towards graduation. I've been considered a normal employee during all of my internships. My designated sponsor company is now telling me that they cannot be considered experience for a J-1 trainee and therefore can't help me with a J-1 visa...

They've never asked me this when they saw all my internships on my resume. I've always thought that my internships we're counted as enough work experience. On the government website it said '1 year experience in the related field' and never specified that an internship is not sufficient.

What can I do? Are there any other people that have been in the same situation?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X