J1 visa administrative processing time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 visa administrative processing time

Hi all, I went for J1 visa interview on 26th March in Chennai. VO asked few questions about work then took my CV, offer letter and passport. Then issued me 221g form (blue) and told that my application will be sent for administrative processing. In 2 days no change in the online status. No documents were requested from me or the sponsorer.
    Any idea about the time taken to this to be resolved.

J1 Clinical Visa-Admin Processing

Hey,

I have the same situation. I went to Chennai consulate on June, 1 and I was handed over the blue slip saying it's going further for admin processing and I should hear something in 2 business days. They also took my passport, DS2019 and CV. Questions were asked about my previous US visits on B1/B2 and observerships that I did during that time and what are my plans after completion of my residency, etc. ? It's been over 3 days and there isn't anything from their end. No change of status can be seen on ceac.state.gov nor any email has been received asking for anymore info.

Any idea how long this could take in terms of clinical J-1 visa approval ?

Originally posted by balameena View Post
    Hi all, I went for J1 visa interview on 26th March in Chennai. VO asked few questions about work then took my CV, offer letter and passport. Then issued me 221g form (blue) and told that my application will be sent for administrative processing. In 2 days no change in the online status. No documents were requested from me or the sponsorer.
    Any idea about the time is taken to this to be resolved.

Comment

Hi, my wife is currently in the same situation. She had her j1 interview 16 days ago at Hyd consulate and her visa is still under administrative processing. She got a 221g slip but wasn’t asked for any documents. Could you let me know what happened with ur visas and how long did it take to issue j1?
      thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X