Pleaseee info J1 to permenant residence with work permiss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleaseee info J1 to permenant residence with work permiss

I have been pursuing master degree in Germany for about 3 years. I have got J1 Visa at U.S. Consulate in Germany but I am not a German citizen. I am interning for one year payable internship at a landscape architectural office for about 6 months with J1 visa. Beside the sponsor company option, please let me know the possibilities to change my J1 status into a permenant residence with work permission in USA either during the internship or after internship. Actually, I would like to start the process before the internship completed date. It is indicated in the DS-2019 form that "PRELIMINARY ENDORSEMENT OF CONSULAR OR IMMIGRATION OFFICER REGARDING SECTION 212(e) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY ACT AND PL 94-484, AS AMENDED (see item 1(a) of page 2). The Exchange Visitor in the above program (J1): not subject to the two-year residence requirement." Another statement on US visa is that "BEARER IS NOT SUBJECT TO SECTION 212(E) YEAR RULE DOES NOT APPLY. NORTHWEST STUDENT EXCHANGE CTR FOR INTL CARRER DEVELOPMENT." I entered U.S. with I-94 Departure Record form. In addition to this, my U.S. Visa Type/Class is R J1. On the other hand, I have got the social security card under J1 Program.

Concerning the information above, I would appreciate if you let me know about the requirements for the possibilities to change my J1 status into a permenant residence with work permission in USA before completing my internship.

Hope to get your assistance till completing the processes to change my J1 status into a permenant residence with work permission, if it is possible for US regulations.

Looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
    Regards,

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X