Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noncitizen having citizen baby applying J1

Hi,
    My wife gave birth to our baby in US and then came back to the country where I work, without over-staying in US. She was on a visitor visa at that time. Our baby has US passport. I have got a job in US now and would like to apply for J1. I wonder whether the visa officer would reject the application because our baby was born in US while my wife was on a visitor visa.
    Have anyone of your ever hard about such a situation? Any advice would be appreciated.

Please anyone give me some suggestion

Please anyone give me some suggestion

Comment

did she purposefully have the baby in the USA? do you know how UNSAFE it is to have a pregnant woman fly to the USA just for the baby? who paid for all of the delivery expenses?
      Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Originally posted by PraetorianXI
        did she purposefully have the baby in the USA? do you know how UNSAFE it is to have a pregnant woman fly to the USA just for the baby? who paid for all of the delivery expenses?
        We are aware of the associated risks, thank you. She went there for a visit but became sick so that could not return and had to stay there until the baby's birth. Who else would pay?--I paid.
        But the end result is she had baby there while she was there on a visit visa. That's our worry.

Were you just curious, or can offer some suggestion??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X