Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed for DS-160

Hi,

Hope you can help! I'm applying for a J-1 visa for an internship in California. The internship trains in bird research and is with a department of the US forest service. This is my first visit to the US and I am a British Citizen.

Firstly, I am not being asked to give any educational history. I was told that I would have to give all education since age 11, but I am only given the option to fill in my present and past employment. Is this right? Should I fill in the rest of the form anyway?

Secondly, as this is an internship and not based at a university, I don't know what to put for 'do you intend to study in the US?'. As I am the primary applicant, your website advices that I put 'yes', however I am not sure as I am not going to be studying at a college or university. The internship is training in bird monitoring research.

Finally, I would like some advice as to how I can show that I have strong ties to the UK. I am a recent Masters graduate and I am living at home with my parents. I don't have any dependents, I am self-employed, and I don't own any property. I can show that I have sufficient savings. Apart from that, and a tax return from 2008 and a letter to ask that I submit a tax return for the tax year just gone (which I have done, I am yet to have my return back), I don't know what other evidence I can give.

Many thanks for your help and I hope you are able to help as soon as possible - my interview is on Monday/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

1. You should fill whatever it allows you to fill.
    2. You can say 'Yes'.
    3. Only you can come up with those ties.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X