Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-2 is pending

Hello everyone,,

I was working in a university with J-1 status till due to budget cuts we were laid off. So I applied for an Adj.of Status to J-2, thanks to my spouses J-1 visa.
    J-2 is not yet approved (pending). and webhotelli a job opportunity came up, they 'll sponsor my J-1 visa.
    I read soomewhere that the procedure is more or less like this : the new sponsor generates a DS-2020 form and then either you apply for a new Adj. of Status to J-1 (this takes 3-4 months) or you leave the country (and the pending case is automatically cancelled) and you go to your country's embassy and have there issued your J-1 (obviously much quicker).

Does anyone know anything about this ? Any advice ?

Is it for any reason not recommended to go back to my country and do omegle the procedure (cause I feel the new employer won't want to wait 4 months) ? I don't think since I will have in my hands the new DS form that I will face any problems in the embassy. Does someone have a different opinion/experience ?

I do not have any overstay precedent, any violation whatsoever and I am not subject to 2year rule.

Thank you very much in advance.
    Last edited by rebecaki; 08-03-2020, 03:14 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X