J2 EAD new filing instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J2 EAD new filing instructions

It seems that the J2 I-765 form filing instructions have changed -- now, instead of a "written statement with any supporting evidence showing that your employment is not necessary to support the J-1 but is for other purposes" it says, "evidence the J-1 principal foreign national is currently maintaining status, and evidence any income from this employment authorization will not be used to support the J-1 principal foreign national. Also, provide evidence you are currently maintaining status and include evidence of all previously authorized periods of J-2 employment."

Does anyone know how to satisfy these criteria? What counts as evidence in the following categories:
    • Evidence the J-1 principal alien is currently maintaining status
    • Evidence that any income from this employment authorization will not be used to support the J-1 principal alien
    • Evidence you are currently maintaining status
    • Evidence of all previously authorized periods of J-2 employment
    Has anyone filed recently? What information did you include?

Thanks!

Hi,

From what I know for

1. Evidence the J-1 principal alien is currently maintaining status - J1 and J2's DS-2019 form would suffice the need for evidence that you are currently maintaining the status.
    2. Evidence of all previously authorized periods of J-2 employment - You can include all your previously approved EADs

Just curious from where you found this new filing instructions.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks, this helps a lot!

Comment

1. Completed I-765 Application Form. ...
        2. Photocopy of J-2's electronic I-94 Form.
        3. Photocopy of J-2's name page in passport (include any passport extension pages)
        4. Photocopy of J-2's visa stamp in passport (not applicable for Canadians)
        5. Photocopy J-2's DS-2019.

Comment

Hi @mahanini,

How is it going your I-765 submission?

I have same question, especially for this one
          "Evidence that any income from this employment authorization will not be used to support the J-1 principal alien"

What evidence is that? bank statements? What did you provide?

Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X