Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visa interviewer said my visa and NIE are approved but CEAC says that it is refused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa interviewer said my visa and NIE are approved but CEAC says that it is refused

Hi guys,

I am planning on going to Boston for my thesis internship under a J1 visa. I gave my interview at Hyderabad VAC on 20th September. After the end of the interview, the person who took my interview said she is approving both my visa and NIE and asked me to take a "Know Your Rights" booklet as well. The interviewer also stamped my DS2019 form and gave it back to me. The passport was taken by them.

Hours after I gave the interview, I went to CEAC website and checked my visa status on it. My visa status is being shown as "Refused" and it was mentioned to have a look at the letter given by consulate interviewer for the reason of refusal. I am surprised to see this as the interviewer clearly said she is approving my visa and didn't give me a 221g form. I have contacted the embassy and they said that visa is still under processing. I asked them about the refusal message on the tracker website to which they didn't reply with an answer.

Not knowing what to do, I went through some online chatting groups and everyone has their own explaination for this. From my understanding, it seems like this type of situation has never happened before, atleast to the people I have talked to. So incase if anyone of you have encountered similar issue or know someone who had this issue, please help me out. The US visa process clearly creates a lot of anxiety for students.

Hi,
    It might be some technical issues. People had similar issues, but after few days, they will come to know about passport pickup details. I suggest you to wait for some more days. If nothing happened then again you can contact consulate.

Sometimes, If embassy needs some administrative processing also, the status will show as refused.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X