visa status in case of interview waiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visa status in case of interview waiver

My wife (J2) traveled back to her home country to do some administrative paperwork that could not wait. She started her visa renewal and was eligible for an interview waiver. She mailed her documents and after a few days the visa status changed to application received. Yesterday the visa status changed to administrative processing. We were reading up on the issue and it means that the visa needs additional verification which can take up to 60 days. The information we found was related to the most usual case of a visa denial after the interview. Since my wife did not have an interview, we are wondering if this is a normal process for her case or should we be prepared to wait 60 days for a resolution.

We are really worried. She has been waiting already for a month. She needs to come back to work, they won't wait for her much longer.

If anyone has any experience with interview waiver cases we would greatly appreciate your help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: The visa was issued. That was less than 24 hours from "administrative processing" status. I assume "administrative processing" is a standard status for those with interview waivers. I hope this helps others in the same situation.
    Last edited by emperipi; 09-28-2021, 04:44 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X