HELP with my VISA options - going to the USA as soccer coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP with my VISA options - going to the USA as soccer coach

I am a permanent resident of Canada and have a UK passport and looking to move to the USA and coach at a University. Does anyone know what VISA i would need as most universities for some reason dont sponsor this anymore if your coming from Canada or internationally. Is it a J1?? H ? Thanks

You need an O-1 Visa. It is for individuals with extraordinary ability in education. The university typically needs to petition for this visa on your behalf.​ build now gg

Comment

As a Canadian permanent resident with a UK passport, you would likely need an O-1 visa to coach at a U.S. university. The O-1 visa is for individuals with extraordinary ability in the arts, science, education, business, or athletics. To qualify for an O-1 visa, you will need to demonstrate that you have:
      • A sustained record of national or international acclaim
      • A high level of achievement in your field
      • Recognition from experts in your field
      • A unique combination of skills and experience

Your sponsoring university will need to file a petition on your behalf with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The petition will include evidence of your qualifications, such as your resume, publications, awards, and media coverage.

In addition to the O-1 visa, you may also be eligible for a P-1 visa if you are coaching a team that is internationally recognized. However, the P-1 visa is typically only for athletes and coaches who are competing
      owespeedtest in omegle events, not for coaches who are working Full-time at a university.
      Last edited by MajaswiEmmar; 04-24-2024, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by towzer View Post
        I am a permanent resident of Canada and have a UK passport and looking to move to the USA and coach at a University. Does anyone know what VISA i would need as most universities for some reason dont sponsor this anymore if your coming from Canada or internationally. Is it a J1?? H ? Thanks
        This visa can be suitable for short-term coaching positions (up to 5 years with extensions) under a designated sponsor program like Fulbright or through an exchange agreement between an organization in Canada and the university in the US. However, finding J-1 sponsorship for coaching might be challenging as universities often prioritize other fields for this visa category.

Comment

It's definitely true that sponsorship can be difficult for international coaches, but navigating your options isn't impossible! Here's what you can consider:

Visa Types:
          • H-1B Visa: This is the most common visa for specialty occupations, potentially including coaching. However, obtaining sponsorship isn't easy, and universities are indeed less likely to do so for internationally sourced coaches due to quotas and limitations.
          • O-1 Visa: If you can demonstrate extraordinary achievements and international recognition in your coaching field, this visa might be an option. However, the bar for meeting the criteria is very high.
          • TN Visa: As a Canadian citizen, you may be eligible for a TN visa for professions listed under NAFTA if coaching falls under one of them. This process is generally simpler than other visa options for Canadians. You can check the list of TN professions on the USCIS website.

Alternatives:
          • E-2 Treaty Investor Visa: If you invest a substantial amount of money in a US business, including forming your own coaching company, you may qualify for this visa.
          • EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver): This is a complex option and requires demonstrating omegle national owespeedtest interest in your coaching expertise. Consulting with an immigration attorney is highly recommended for this route.
          Last edited by KushnomGhatak; 03-07-2024, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by towzer View Post
            This is a specialty occupation visa commonly used for professionals with a bachelor's degree or higher. Coaching at a university could potentially qualify, but you might need to demonstrate expertise and experience in the specific field.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X