No announcement yet.

I-130 date changed on applying K-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brov, what documents we require for sponsorship and civil documents, i will ask my wife to sort them out now. So that we will be prepared well early for these stuff.

Regards,
    Atir

Originally posted by rayb View Post
    The two bills ($120 and $325) are staggered, with the $325 bill not coming until the DS-261 (Agent form) has been submitted to the NVC.

Having experienced much frustration with the NVC, coupled with disgruntled clients, the best advice I can give is to move quickly and correctly with each NVC step as it comes up. Make sure your I-864 (sponsorship) packet is done correctly the first time (have a third party review it before submitting), and get your civil documents prepared in advance.

--Ray B

Comment

The sponsorship packet should contain an I-864, copy of 2013 Federal income tax return ( or 2014 if NVC doesn't get approval case until after March of 2015), 2013 W2 or 1099-MISC forms, employment verification letter.

-Ray B

Originally posted by Haq View Post
      Brov, what documents we require for sponsorship and civil documents, i will ask my wife to sort them out now. So that we will be prepared well early for these stuff.

Regards,
      Atir

Comment

When it is goning to move

I applied for my husband i 130 form in april 2014. I am a green card
        holder. I saw the processing dates they are still september 2013 since
        april. When they will change? How long it is usually take to process the
        case. Plz let me know. I am really worried about my husband papers, Sent

Comment

Hi Ray,

Hope you are well brov, As I informed you earlier that USCIS approved my I-130 on November 3 2014, & sent the case to NVC on November 06, 2014. My question is till today my wife received any response from NVC, also whenever she tried to contact them on this number 6033340700 its always on busy tone. Do you have any news that whats going on with them and why they are taking so long and number is also busy.

Hope to get an urgent response as we are getting really worried due to this.

Regards,
          Atir

The sponsorship packet should contain an I-864, copy of 2013 Federal income tax return ( or 2014 if NVC doesn't get approval case until after March of 2015), 2013 W2 or 1099-MISC forms, employment verification letter.

-Ray B

Comment

Your current experience (or lack of it) with the NVC is fairly normal of late. If you call them and get a live person, he'll tell you to allow a full month before expecting the NVC to have the case online. I think that is just a script because I am sure they have most approved cases within a couple of weeks, but are just scheduling review after standard waiting periods.

You can catch an NVC staff person if you call early and hang in there for up to 30 minutes.

--Ray B

Hi Ray,

Hope you are well brov, As I informed you earlier that USCIS approved my I-130 on November 3 2014, & sent the case to NVC on November 06, 2014. My question is till today my wife received any response from NVC, also whenever she tried to contact them on this number 6033340700 its always on busy tone. Do you have any news that whats going on with them and why they are taking so long and number is also busy.

Hope to get an urgent response as we are getting really worried due to this.

Regards,
            Atir

Comment

Could you please inform that from when it will take 8-12 months, the date of I-130 which is 19th May 2014 or I-129F which is 16th June 2014? Also how long USCIS & NVC is taking to process the cas

**** 15 coins

Comment

The I-130 Priority Date (on the I-130 Receipt NOA) is start of the timeframe I am using. I'm assuming your later I-129F submitt was for a followup K3 procedure. K3 visas are being ignored by USCIS the last few years in favor or continued processing of the I-130.

--Ray B

Originally posted by jeekqing View Post
                Could you please inform that from when it will take 8-12 months, the date of I-130 which is 19th May 2014 or I-129F which is 16th June 2014? Also how long USCIS & NVC is taking to process the cas

**** 15 coins

Comment

Hello Ray,

Hope you are well brov, good news I got my case number this morning through email from NVC, now in that email they are asking to start the steps mentioned in the letter attached with email, first one was to fill out form DS 261 (Choose an Agent), now when my wife tried to fill out that form it is showing the message mentioned below:

"Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please contact the National Visa Center if you believe that you have received this message in error. "

Kindly advise what to do? Also could you please let me know that can I send the financial & civil documents with cover letter attached with email after filling DS-261 so that the 60 days review period starts or do I have to wait to pay fees first?

Your help is appreciated as always.

Regards,
                  Atir

Your current experience (or lack of it) with the NVC is fairly normal of late. If you call them and get a live person, he'll tell you to allow a full month before expecting the NVC to have the case online. I think that is just a script because I am sure they have most approved cases within a couple of weeks, but are just scheduling review after standard waiting periods.

You can catch an NVC staff person if you call early and hang in there for up to 30 minutes.

--Ray B

Comment

Haq,

Please see my responses after each question

Hello Ray,

Hope you are well brov, good news I got my case number this morning through email from NVC, now in that email they are asking to start the steps mentioned in the letter attached with email, first one was to fill out form DS 261 (Choose an Agent), now when my wife tried to fill out that form it is showing the message mentioned below:

"Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please contact the National Visa Center if you believe that you have received this message in error. "

WAIT A DAY, THEN ACCESS THE DS-261 AGAIN. MAKE SURE AN AGENT IS SHOWN IN THE U.S., NOT IN THE APPLICANT'S COUNTRY.

Kindly advise what to do? Also could you please let me know that can I send the financial & civil documents with cover letter attached with email after filling DS-261 so that the 60 days review period starts or do I have to wait to pay fees first?

PAY THE FEES BEFORE YOU SEND ANY DOCUMENTS.

Your help is appreciated as always.

Regards,
                    Atir

Comment

Hello Brov,

hope you are well. Sorry for disturbing you again. Just a few questions

1) My wife paid AOS fee on 23rd Dec & IV fee was shown on that day but didn't pay that day,now she wants to pay but IV fees showing as NOT INVOIVCED YET.

2) She has sent all financial & supporting documents on Saturday 27th Dec and will reach to NVC on 31st Dec, does that mean Review period starts from that day or it will start after paying IV fee & filling DS-260?

3) How long does they take for review?

4) Also, what documents do I need to take with me on interview and there regular questions?

5) which cases they normally put on Administrative Process and for how long that period will be of?

Sorry i asked too many questions but me & wife are quite worried about this. Your help will be much appreciated as always.

Have a good day.

Regards,
                      Atir

Haq,

Please see my responses after each question

Comment

Haq,

Please see my responses after each question:

Hello Brov,

hope you are well. Sorry for disturbing you again. Just a few questions

1) My wife paid AOS fee on 23rd Dec & IV fee was shown on that day but didn't pay that day,now she wants to pay but IV fees showing as NOT INVOIVCED YET.

THE $325 IV FEE INVOICE MAY BE A FEW WEEKS BEFORE IT CAN BE PAID.

2) She has sent all financial & supporting documents on Saturday 27th Dec and will reach to NVC on 31st Dec, does that mean Review period starts from that day or it will start after paying IV fee & filling DS-260?

THE REVIEW OF SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENTS BEGINS SOON AS THEY REVIEW THOSE DOCUMENTS.

3) How long does they take for review?

SEVERAL SEEKS.

4) Also, what documents do I need to take with me on interview and there regular questions?

IT DEPENDS ON WHETHER CIVIL DOCUMENTS WILL BE SCANNED TO THE NVC OR ORIGINALS SENT TO THE NVC. WHICH IS YOUR COUNTRY?

5) which cases they normally put on Administrative Process and for how long that period will be of?

THIS VARIES. LACK OF ANY CRITICAL DOCUMENTS OR HISTORY OF VISA PROBLEMS COULD CAUSE ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW.

Sorry i asked too many questions but me & wife are quite worried about this. Your help will be much appreciated as always.

Have a good day.

Regards,
                        Atir

Comment

Hi Brov,

Hope you are well, Glad to inform you that everything is done from our side regarding NVC like our Case Number allotted on 18th December, DS-261 filled on 19th December, AOS fee paid on 23rd December 2014, Affidavit of financial support, financial documents and civil documents sent on 27th December, NVC received these documents on 30th December 2014 and started their review (informed through their email), and last my DS-260 filled on 7th January 2015.

Now my question is how long do they take to schedule an interview approximately? Also what are the chances of Administrative Processing, I guess I told you before that I lived in UK around 4 years for my M.B.A & some professional experience. Will it effect their decision for AP?

Last but not the least, I am seriously humbled for your support and suggestions through out all these, your help is much appreciated, will keep you updated regarding interview schedules and if any suggestion needed.

Regards,
                          Atir

Comment

Did you pay the $325 visa fee to the NVC?

--Ray B

Hi Brov,

Hope you are well, Glad to inform you that everything is done from our side regarding NVC like our Case Number allotted on 18th December, DS-261 filled on 19th December, AOS fee paid on 23rd December 2014, Affidavit of financial support, financial documents and civil documents sent on 27th December, NVC received these documents on 30th December 2014 and started their review (informed through their email), and last my DS-260 filled on 7th January 2015.

Now my question is how long do they take to schedule an interview approximately? Also what are the chances of Administrative Processing, I guess I told you before that I lived in UK around 4 years for my M.B.A & some professional experience. Will it effect their decision for AP?

Last but not the least, I am seriously humbled for your support and suggestions through out all these, your help is much appreciated, will keep you updated regarding interview schedules and if any suggestion needed.

Regards,
                            Atir

Comment

Hi Ray,

Yes brov that was pain on January 2 2015 sorry forgot to mention in that message, now whats your reply?

Regards,
                              Atir

Did you pay the $325 visa fee to the NVC?

--Ray B

Comment

After all you have done, given the NVC slowness of late, the best you can expect is to receive an appointment notice in 6-8 more weeks, with an appointment date about 6 weeks+ later. That has been my recent experience with the Manila Embassy.

As a side question, were you able to pay the $325 online, or did you mail a check to the NVC?

--Ray B

Hi Ray,

Yes brov that was pain on January 2 2015 sorry forgot to mention in that message, now whats your reply?

Regards,
                                Atir

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X