Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with spouse visa documents. Time running out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with spouse visa documents. Time running out!

Hello all,

I came into the US on a tourist visa to visit my fiancè and whilst I was here we decided to get married.*
    We're filing the I-130, petition for alien relative and the I-485, adjustment of status this week, however my tourist visa runs out in 3 weeks, can I stay in the US with my husband whilst our case is reviewed? Do I have to leave the country because my tourist visa would have expired?
    We live near Tampa, Fl, do we mail both forms to the same place?
    Many thanks!

Yes, if your fiance is a U.S. citizen, you can remain in the U.S. after your visa expires while your paperwork is being processed. Both the I-130 and I-485 are sent together to the Chicago lockbox address.

--Ray B

Originally posted by saltlife View Post
    Hello all,

I came into the US on a tourist visa to visit my fiancè and whilst I was here we decided to get married.*
    We're filing the I-130, petition for alien relative and the I-485, adjustment of status this week, however my tourist visa runs out in 3 weeks, can I stay in the US with my husband whilst our case is reviewed? Do I have to leave the country because my tourist visa would have expired?
    Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Yes, if your fiance is a U.S. citizen, you can remain in the U.S. after your visa expires while your paperwork is being processed. Both the I-130 and I-485 are sent together to the Chicago lockbox address.

--Ray B
      Thank you!!

Comment

I am a GC holder and expected to get my citizenship in three years. My fianc

Comment

Originally posted by saltlife View Post
          Hello all,

Many thanks!

Comment

To add to the other answer, try to send the paperwork to USCIS before your authorized stay expires. If you do not get the noa1 before the stay expires stay at your spouse’s home until the noa1 is received. Otherwise if law enforcement finds you in the USA with an overstay you are subject to arrest and removal.

Comment

That is true

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X