Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma

I was married as a US citizen inside the US 5 yrs ago to a visiting man whom I later divorced suspecting fraud after his conditional gc arrived. The USCIS took notice of my fraud report. Now 5 yrs later I met someone special & I dont want my past experience ruin the chance to be with him but im afraid that the US will not let me marry him & the USCIS officer will wonder why im jumping on the same wagon lol. This time the guy is overseas & we met online & we want to marry in Europe although he is from a different place himself. We love each other & not sure whether I should do K1 visa or just marry him overseas. I think marrying him overseas shows more commitment hence less denial chance? Or will the USCIS not pay attention to the fraud situation of my ex since im the one who reported him for months even with the help of my congressman. Another issues is my love is from the ethnic group that my own ethnic group is an enemy so im afraid that's going to raise question, PLUS im christian & he is muslim. Im from LA and 99% of men here dont want marriage & dating sucks here & i love the guy so whats the best option for me between both options of getting him here?

Have you MET him yet? Thats one of the primary requirements to file for a K1 to begin with.

You would have to divulge the information of your previous marriage. We you the petitioner in the previous marriage? If so you might have to apply for a waiver, i dont remember the time frame.

You also have to be a citizen of the US I believe.

Other things are dependent on where this guy is. Some consulates are harder than others, especially in terms of religion. High fraud countries also are more highly scrutinized.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X