Translations for Foreign Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translations for Foreign Documents

Hello everyone. I'm a US citizen and my fiance lives in Venezuela. Now, I know that it says for the fiance visa that all foreign language documents must be translated and stamped with a translators certification. This can be quite costly, but since I speak and write english fluently, can I just translate the documents myself and have them notarized? The documents I plan to translate is her original statement of intent to marry me and emails we sent each other over the past year (that are all written in Spanish).

you need only to translate her statement, but let it do some prof people with a stamp!

The e-Mails, you can submitted with your documents as some evidance of your relationship, only if your case is denied and you have to apply for an appeal, for that part you will need it to translate.

Comment

Originally posted by luisgvilla
      Hello everyone. I'm a US citizen and my fiance lives in Venezuela. Now, I know that it says for the fiance visa that all foreign language documents must be translated and stamped with a translators certification. This can be quite costly, but since I speak and write english fluently, can I just translate the documents myself and have them notarized? The documents I plan to translate is her original statement of intent to marry me and emails we sent each other over the past year (that are all written in Spanish).
      As far as I know documents will be acepted either if they are in English or, with papers filed at US consulates abroad, the language of the country where the documents are being filed (except Japan) I'm sure that I'm correct on that but please double check. If you are submitting the documents here then everything (including birth certificates) not in English must be translated word for word into English . However any capable person can translate it but a certified translator should certify that the translation is indeed a correct word for word translation of the original documnet so if you can find one that will allow you or someon else to do it and they certify thats its corret then thats o.k
      Last edited by curiousone; 07-29-2006, 03:36 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X