Applying for visa but confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for visa but confusion

OKay I want to apply for my fiance but I'm little worried that visa would be rejected. See been engaged for 3 yrs but I haven't seen him since becoz of my college and in religion we can't really see that often. But do talk and chat all the time. What should I do?

Originally posted by 2kool4skool
    OKay I want to apply for my fiance but I'm little worried that visa would be rejected. See been engaged for 3 yrs but I haven't seen him since becoz of my college and in religion we can't really see that often. But do talk and chat all the time. What should I do?
    A requirement of the K1 visa is that you and your fiance have met in person within the last 2 years. UNLESS you can prove hardship-you cannot see each other for a certain reason. It explains this on the instructions for the K1 visa. So if you can do that then great...everything should be fine. If not then i would try planning a visit somehow before you file. But be sure you have some evidence to prove that you did meet. (flight intenerary, boarding pass, pictures, hotel receipts, basically anything that puts the two of you in the same place at the same time)
    GOOD LUCK!!

Comment

I agree you must find away to see you fiance if you have not seen him in 3 years. The requirement of 2 years is a pretty strict requirement. Otherwise the burden of proof would be on you to prove hardship or religious issues.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X