This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aos question

Hello guys, so i just sent my AOS package yesterday but im so worried coz i just dropped it in the usps drop box since they were already closed when we got there.. im wondering if its gonns take a long time before they mail it to uscid. And another question is, if that's okay, or do i need a receipt. Im worried that i cant even track it down since we dont have a tracking #. That was one foolish decision. I wish my package is safe

Comment

• K1 visa joint sponsor

Hello guys!

I am currently unemployed for a month now. I petition my fiancé last april 2015. He was in a process now for medical and interview in manila. I know I need to provide a I-134 for affidavit of support. But as I stated I am unemployed. I want my brother to be a joint sponsor for my petition. He is US marine and US citizen. My question is, is there gonna be a problem with it? Hope you guys can help me. Thank you!

Comment

• Respond to the Request for Evidence with a detailed description of your experience with the website, with a focus on your not having paid any fees. Include also any of the website's verbiage which would support your claim that it is not an "International Marriage Broker"

--Ray B

Originally posted by saintbrandon View Post
        Ray,
        Thank you so much for your reply! We haven't been denied yet though I received a request for evidence. Do you know what kind of evidence would prove that the website we met thru is not an IMB? In the event it is an IMB even though we never paid nor used thr site for that purpose, what do we do?

Comment

• Originally posted by rayb View Post
          Respond to the Request for Evidence with a detailed description of your experience with the website, with a focus on your not having paid any fees. Include also any of the website's verbiage which would support your claim that it is not an "International Marriage Broker"

--Ray B
          Thank you for your reply!!! Really appreciate it.

Comment

• Odd problem with marriage certifictae name. Please help?

Hello.
            I hope someone knowledgeable can help us. This gets confusing so I'll try to keep it simple.
            1) My wife came from the Philippines on April 1st this year on a K1 visa.
            2) We were married on may 9th.
            3) We applied for the AOS soon after May 9th along with her EAD papers.
            4) While waiting for immigration we went ahead and changed her name to mine on her social security card, her med. insurance card, and the bank account. She is using my last name at this point.
            5) We went to our appointment for her biometrics on July 9th in St. Albans Vermont USCIS office. All went perfect and we were done in 15 minutes.
            6) We were later notified that the finger prints didn't come out and to return on July 20th.
            7) On July 20th a different lady attended to us. After looking at our marriage certificate she told us she could not process the bios. When asked why, she showed us that the little checkbox on the marriage certificate had been checked which meant that my wife would be retaining her maiden name. This was a mistake ans misunderstanding on our town clerk's part and not our mistake. We were actually quite surprised. But the lady refused to continue. We spoke to an agent and he backed her up. We had filed all the paperwork with my last name thinking this was correct and never noticing the checkbox. Even the little check was skewed in it and barely noticed at quick glance.
            8) On July 29th we decided to return and have her I-485 form processed using her maiden name so we could get it done. Bios got done that day.
            9) We checked into having this mistake fixed but in NY state you can't change a marriage certificate. It's set in stone.
            10) We have opted to continue the process using her maiden name and plan on pursuing a legal name change once her temp green card come up for renewal after the 2 year period of her landing on US soil.

Questions:
            1) Will her EAD come through with her maiden name of her married name? We were told by one of them in St. Albans that it might come through with the name we originally used which is her married name (my last name). If it comes through with her maiden name, do we have to change her name back with social security for possible employment until we get her name changed legally in court? In other words - social security has her with my last name. Her EAD might come through with her maiden name. If they don't match, she might not be able to go to work. What should we do?
            2) Is changing her name legally the way to go here? We were thinking that what we'd do is, (and the USCIS office said was a good idea), change her name legally to mine right after she gets her temporary green card. Then when she files in another year and a half for her 10 year green card, use her new name on the ROC paperwork and include a copy of the name-change documentation when we send in the ROC? Or would we be better to file the ROC with the name on her temp green card (her maiden name) and then when we go to the USCIS office in Vermont again for the ROC, present THEM with the name-change documents?

I'd love to hear from anyone with thorough knowledge about this. USCIS was pretty understanding but it sure left us in a mess thanks to one little checkmark error on the marriage certificate.

If anyone has had to correct errors on their marriage certificate in NY state, I'd love to hear from you. Or if anyone has had a similar experience, I'd love to hear from you too. The really sad thing about all this is that it never would have been noticed if the first set of prints had been good ones. The whole thing was on its way to completion at that point. No one else noticed this little error.

Thanks so much everyone!

Doug and Ana

Comment

• Full recommendations for K1 fiance visa

Hi All,
              I'd like to share this article which in my sense is a comprehensive set of recommendations about K1 visa please let me know

Anything about spouse similar to that article?

Comment

• The i130 has been approved what's next?

Hi
                I am petitioning my Husband living in Jamaica. The i130 was approved but now i am anxious because am not quite sure what are the next steps. I called uscis for advice but the only thing they told me is to wait for the approved letter. But a friend of mine told me that i have to fill out an afidavit of support and the visa application. But she wasnt sure how much they cost. Can anyone plz tell me how much is for the afidavit of support and the visa application? When should i send them? Where can i the visa application form and whats a cover letter and where can i get it etc?

Please someone answer me asap i am desperate for answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by chelly View Post
                  Hello guys!

I am currently unemployed for a month now. I petition my fiancé last april 2015. He was in a process now for medical and interview in manila. I know I need to provide a I-134 for affidavit of support. But as I stated I am unemployed. I want my brother to be a joint sponsor for my petition. He is US marine and US citizen. My question is, is there gonna be a problem with it? Hope you guys can help me. Thank you!
                  Joint sponsor is usually not accepted on K1 visa but it could be overlooked and be accepted, you never know, you can try. If you yourself cannot provide one might as well get get a co sponsor.

Comment

• K1 Fiance Visa

Hello Guys,

we have applied for K1 Fiance Visa I-129F form and we have submitted all the documents to USCIS, after 2 weeks we received the I-797 Notice of Action on August 14 2015, and it's all most now 1 month and we have not receive any mail so we called USCIS again they said that they didn't send the file to NVC till now ... so any one know how long time it takes the USCIS to send the file to NVC ??

Thank you

Comment

• Can you help me guys

Hello Guys,

we have applied for K1 Fiance Visa I-129F form and we have submitted all the documents to USCIS, after 2 weeks we received the I-797 Notice of Action on August 14 2015, and it's all most now 1 month and we have not receive any mail so we called USCIS again they said that they didn't send the file to NVC till now ... so any one know how long time it takes the USCIS to send the file to NVC ??

Thank you

Comment

• Usually, 2 - 4 weeks from petition/USCIS approval.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Bishoy M. Awad View Post
                        Hello Guys,

Thank you

Comment

• Approved i130 what's next?

Hi
                          I am petitioning my Husband living in Jamaica. The i130 was approved but now i am anxious because am not quite sure what are the next steps. I called uscis for advice but the only thing they told me is to wait for the approved letter. But a friend of mine told me that i have to fill out an afidavit of support and the visa application. But she wasnt sure how much they cost. Can anyone plz tell me how much is for the afidavit of support and the visa application? When should i send them? Where can i get the visa application form and whats a cover letter and where can i get it etc?

Comment

• After your petition is approved, you will receive correspondence from the National Visa enter, including bills for $120 and $325. You will have to pay these amounts on line to the NVC and send the NVC I-864 sponsorship documents and copies of civil documents.

The I-864 can be downloaded from the Immihelp forms page.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Lyoneisse C View Post
                            Hi
                            I am petitioning my Husband living in Jamaica. The i130 was approved but now i am anxious because am not quite sure what are the next steps. I called uscis for advice but the only thing they told me is to wait for the approved letter. But a friend of mine told me that i have to fill out an afidavit of support and the visa application. But she wasnt sure how much they cost. Can anyone plz tell me how much is for the afidavit of support and the visa application? When should i send them? Where can i get the visa application form and whats a cover letter and where can i get it etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by rayb View Post
                              After your petition is approved, you will receive correspondence from the National Visa enter, including bills for $120 and $325. You will have to pay these amounts on line to the NVC and send the NVC I-864 sponsorship documents and copies of civil documents.

The I-864 can be downloaded from the Immihelp forms page.

--Ray B
                              Ok thnk yu

I recently receive the approved letter from uscis. Do you know how much more do I have to wait for the correspondance from nvc?

Comment

• For an immigrant petition that is "immediate priority" status, the NCV correspondence shows up in 4-6 weeks after approval of the petition.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Lyoneisse C View Post
                                Ok thnk yu

I recently receive the approved letter from uscis. Do you know how much more do I have to wait for the correspondance from nvc?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X