This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help for requirements

Can i ask i receive my packet last week from manila do i need to have NOA 1 and 2 and what else requirements i need to process pls help me. Thanks

Comment

• Filing for Green Card while on Tourist visa (not getting married on tourist visa!)

Hi, I am an American living in Taiwan. I got married almost 2 years ago to a Taiwanese woman in Taiwan. We now want to apply for her Green Card. She wants to spend a few months in the States with her sister who is pregnant. I must stay in Taiwan to work. Can she apply from the US? Is there any risk to this? Should we wait until she is physically in US or can we start process now? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

• K-1 Fiance Visa

I am USA citizen living in California going to engage with my first cousin (aboard) , we will have engagement ceremony next week aboard, I am 17 years & 5 month ? could you please confirm should I submit Form 1-129F as soon as I arrives California after two weeks ? what kind of documents I need to send USCIS , what we should fill in Point 33 on the Form I-129F, should I mention relative or first cousin, could you please help !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shawn_1968 View Post
          I met my GF while she was visiting the USA on a Tourist Visa. We have since seen each other multiple times as she come here for business for 2-3 weeks at a time. We also talk and text everyday. We have fallen in love and want to marry. What is the best way for us to marry and have her move here?
          If we get married while she is here on one of her business trips, what paperwork would we complete? Any help would be great!

Thanks!

I am USA citizen living in California going to engage with my first cousin (aboard) , we will have engagement ceremony next week, I am 17 years & 5 month ? could you please confirm should I submit Form 1-129F as soon as I arrives California after two weeks ? what we should fill in Point 33 on the Form I-129F, should I mention relative or first cousin, could you please help !!!

Comment

• I am USA citizen living in California going to engage with my first cousin (aboard) , we will have engagement ceremony next week, I am 17 years & 5 month ? could you please confirm should I submit Form 1-129F as soon as I arrives California after two weeks ? what we should fill in Point 33 on the Form I-129F, should I mention relative or first cousin, could you please help !!!

Comment

• Visa approved at the interview but still no update

hello
              my fiancee got the interview last Friday April 8, the consular officer told him that he was approved and she gave him a green piece of paper with the instruction to see the status of the delivery of the passport with the visa.
              but as of today the system still shows Ready
              I know I have been impatient, because was only last Friday, but in the hotel where we were staying people approved the same day got the visa issued on the same day
              should I be worried?
              thank you

Comment

• K1/K2 visa

Good morning everyone i am a new member seeking for an answer. I don't know neither how to post correctly in this site.
                My question is, My sis is living in Hong Kong with K1 Visa completed DS-160. She has a 20 year old son in Philippines. We are confused for the processing,does he needs to fill up DS-160 right now or he needs to wait a letter from Philippine embassy?
                Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Your sister needs to contact the Manila Embassy nonimmigrant website link to begin processing the son's K2 visa, at: http://manila.usembassy.gov/niv-application.html

Mom's use of a Hong Kong-Embassy case number may complicate applying for the child's K2 visa at Manila, so contacting the Embassy by phone might be necessary. The son will not receive a letter from the Manila Embassy. His age of 20 may complicate things if he does not get this moving right away.

--Ray B

Originally posted by megclven View Post
                  Good morning everyone i am a new member seeking for an answer. I don't know neither how to post correctly in this site.
                  My question is, My sis is living in Hong Kong with K1 Visa completed DS-160. She has a 20 year old son in Philippines. We are confused for the processing,does he needs to fill up DS-160 right now or he needs to wait a letter from Philippine embassy?
                  Thank you in advance.

Comment

• k2 visa

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                    Your sister needs to contact the Manila Embassy nonimmigrant website link to begin processing the son's K2 visa, at: http://manila.usembassy.gov/niv-application.html

Mom's use of a Hong Kong-Embassy case number may complicate applying for the child's K2 visa at Manila, so contacting the Embassy by phone might be necessary. The son will not receive a letter from the Manila Embassy. His age of 20 may complicate things if he does not get this moving right away.

--Ray B
                    Hi RayB.

Had you contacted Manila embassy before?

Comment

• Yes, by telephone and by following the visa application steps.

Getting the visa through the HK U.S. Embassy is a more "businesslike" process than at the Manila Embassy, but getting the son a K2 visa, especially since he is now 20 years old (close to aging out), would have been much easier if your sister had opted to have her visa processed at Manila. It is a little late now to do anything about her visa processing, but if the son does not have his visa before he reaches age 21, it will take up to 10 years for him to be eligible if his mom petitions him after she arrives in the U.S. and gets her Green Card.

-Ray B

Hi RayB.

Had you contacted Manila embassy before?

Comment

• visa

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                        Yes, by telephone and by following the visa application steps.

Getting the visa through the HK U.S. Embassy is a more "businesslike" process than at the Manila Embassy, but getting the son a K2 visa, especially since he is now 20 years old (close to aging out), would have been much easier if your sister had opted to have her visa processed at Manila. It is a little late now to do anything about her visa processing, but if the son does not have his visa before he reaches age 21, it will take up to 10 years for him to be eligible if his mom petitions him after she arrives in the U.S. and gets her Green Card.

-Ray B
                        Thank you very much for the helpful advise. My sis is working in Hong Kong that's the reason why she needs to process her visa & her son lives in the Philippines. He is turning 20 yrs old in October so i guess he has enough for the interview & medical appointments.

megclven

Comment

• It's not always that simple when the child is being processed in a different country than mom.
                          1. Does the son have his Philippine passport? If not, he needs to get that right away.
                          2. Has your sister already gotten her K1 paperwork going at the HK U.S. Embassy?
                          3. If so, she can get her son (if he follows instructions) to begin the K2 processing, but he must have his mom's HK case number.

--Ray B

Thank you very much for the helpful advise. My sis is working in Hong Kong that's the reason why she needs to process her visa & her son lives in the Philippines. He is turning 20 yrs old in October so i guess he has enough for the interview & medical appointments.

megclven

Comment

• Originally posted by rayb View Post
                            It's not always that simple when the child is being processed in a different country than mom.
                            1. Does the son have his Philippine passport? If not, he needs to get that right away.
                            2. Has your sister already gotten her K1 paperwork going at the HK U.S. Embassy?
                            3. If so, she can get her son (if he follows instructions) to begin the K2 processing, but he must have his mom's HK case number.

--Ray B
                            Yes, he has all the requirements needed for the interview.
                            My sister just submitted the DS-160 form at HK U.S embassy & need to wait the receipt from embassy to set the date for an interview.
                            Are you saying that he can fill up now the DS-160 form?
                            Thanks,
                            megclven

Comment

• The pre-interview requirements at the Manila Embassy are a little different than the HK Embassy. The son should first download the Manila Embassy deposit form from the website profile he sets up on the nonimmigrant visa website. Since he does not have his own State Department case number, beginning with MNL, he will have to use his mom's HK case number, which might be a problem requiring some advance telephone contact with the Embassy interview scheduler contractor. Because of mom's parallel processing at HK, I can't give you clear Manila instructions for him unless he gets an Embassy verbal approval for him to go ahead and try to schedule an interview.

--Ray B

Yes, he has all the requirements needed for the interview.
                              My sister just submitted the DS-160 form at HK U.S embassy & need to wait the receipt from embassy to set the date for an interview.
                              Are you saying that he can fill up now the DS-160 form?
                              Thanks,
                              megclven

Comment

• Originally posted by rayb View Post
                                The pre-interview requirements at the Manila Embassy are a little different than the HK Embassy. The son should first download the Manila Embassy deposit form from the website profile he sets up on the nonimmigrant visa website. Since he does not have his own State Department case number, beginning with MNL, he will have to use his mom's HK case number, which might be a problem requiring some advance telephone contact with the Embassy interview scheduler contractor. Because of mom's parallel processing at HK, I can't give you clear Manila instructions for him unless he gets an Embassy verbal approval for him to go ahead and try to schedule an interview.

--Ray B
                                Very helpful advice. I will let my sis call at Manila US Embassy at 8 Am Philippine for further question.
                                Once again thank you.

megclven

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X