This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

proper course question

I'm a US citizen. My fiance lives in Panama but her nationality is Columbian. She has a resident card in Panama. What is the most efficient course of action. 1. Marry in Panama first. 2. File for 'fiance visa' and marry in US. I have read about the differences in each but we will live in the US and want to travel frequently to Panama, so the ability to come and go is also a concern. Will her visa be processed in Panama or Columbia? Any advice is appreciated. Thanx, Ed

Comment

i have one question

I-130 and I-29F both petitions are approved so can i apply for K-3.please help me thanks

Comment

slove my problem

is anyone there to anwser my question....

Comment

im US petitioner, my fiancee is beneficiary pinay..who fills out ds157 form???

I know that my fiancee has to bring the form ds 157 to the consulate for the interview. but what no one seems to state is who fills it out..from what ive read, its for males and well she is not male. does she have to fill out that form with her info on it or do i fill out the info and send it to her or do we both fill out the form...Could someone please clarify EXACTLY who fills out the form and whose information is supposed to be on it. Everyone says the benenficiary needs that form for the interview but noone states clearly whose info is supposed to be on it i hope that someone could clarify this for me. i would so so so so so so much very much as in a whole whole lot appreciate clarification of that...Thks to everyone for ur help wit dis

scott

Comment

hey just ur fiance fill up the forms ds 157 no need to fill it petitionrs

Comment

Originally posted by wahabsarwar View Post
              I-130 and I-29F both petitions are approved so can i apply for K-3.please help me thanks
              Once teh I-129F is approved, you are issued a Case Number. Use that to set up the interview for K3 (NIV) in the consulate you said you would.

Comment

Please help me after my experience with the USA Embassy in Delhi I am scared to death to file.
                Then someone recommend we do a I130 and the RC1 rather then the I129 plus I know the DS230 brings them home faster

Please is anyone doing for India that I can talk with Please

Thank You
                Gaurirae:

Comment

Just a suggestion.

Perhaps, you have details of your situation elsewhere in these fora. However, accessing it is another matter. There are new folks here all the time and for anyone to offer any concrete suggestions (in addition to Nicole) would be difficult as the "experience" you allude to is abstract at this point to me at least.

So, how about you start from the beginning and start a new thread, instead of simply appending to this humongous, albeit, "sticky" thread.

Originally posted by gaurirae View Post
                  Please help me after my experience with the USA Embassy in Delhi I am scared to death to file.
                  Then someone recommend we do a I130 and the RC1 rather then the I129 plus I know the DS230 brings them home faster

Please is anyone doing for India that I can talk with Please

Thank You
                  Gaurirae:

Comment

applying for k3 visa

hi im married to a us citizen. can my husband process or file the k3 visa here in the philippines while he's here? i'm willing to wait for the answer. thank you
                    Last edited by jean19; 02-01-2010, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Fiance Visa

Ed, the quickest way for you get her here would be to file an I-29F (4-5 months). I believe you have to have setup your wedding date setup and submitted with your application. You and her will have only 90 days to get married once she gets here to the U.S.

As far as her being in Panama, I am not sure whether that's going to be where the interview is held. You might want to call USCIS toll free # to inquire(800-375-5283). My guess is it would be at her place of residence...I could be wrong. Hope this helps.

Comment

wahabsarwar;180752

The I-29F you initially filed is the actual request for a k3 or k4 visa. If it has been approved, all you need to do is try and setup an interview date; that approval letter should have your visa number on it. hope this helps

Comment

the first NOA doesn't guarentee anythign right? it just lets you know that they've received your paperwork and are starting to work on it correct?

Comment

other names used

Hi to all again!Please anyone can help me again with regards to my problem about using other names but in the birth certificate, In the passport, In all ID's and in Transcript of Records in college stated the correct spelling of my name but in biographic form said put any names being used. I used other name which everyone called me and when I was in elementary grades nor high school this name I ever used but when I graduated in college I have notice that my name used misspelled then I followed already this correct spelling of my name. Please help me again on what to do with regard to this matter.Am I going to put down too the name I used before?And what are the documents needed for this?Is there any documents needs for me to gather too?Is there any problem if I put that name on this?
                            Thank you so much beforehand!

Comment

Need advise

To whomever:

Needing some good sound advice..

My wife is in the Philippines and we were married back in February. I sent in the I-130 with G-325a form to Chicago lock-box and recieved a receipt letter.
                              Next, I sent in an I-129f to Vermont NVS and recieved the receipt letter for the fiance'/spouse visa.

Questions are:

1) Can I send in the I-864ez and to which processing center do I send it to? Also I will send to my wife all of the documents and signed I-864ez form for her interview.

2) My wife has not had her vaccination shots so I have advised her to go ahead and get them before her medical exam because they will just tell her to go and get them also and come back later. Is this the best advise or should she wait for the exam?

3) Is it ok that I send in copies of transactions sent to my wife in the last few months around 7,000USD? I figured it would demonstrate that I am the one who is supporting her.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to expedite this process. I am going absolutely crazy here being without her.

Thank you & God Bless all who is in the same boat as me..

Dan
                              Last edited by danielsa1970; 04-16-2010, 02:27 PM.

Comment

pleasehelp so confusing

good day i just want to ask some question that really confusing me and so stress...me and my us citizen husband was merried he file petition for me...all paper from NVC was under my single name...i never change my passport to my married name but i need to renew...wat should i used??/ my single name or my married name in getting new passport?/wat will happend to my file with NVC ist ok to still use my single name even where married?if i change it to his name or my married name is there any problem from issue a visa??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X