X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I-130 vs. K3

Hi...

I am an US citizen who got married in Jan 2010 to my husband who is an Indian citizen. I applied for my husband through the I-130 form (along with G-325A) in May 2010 and received the 797-C action notice dated 18MAY2010 from the California processing centre with a receipt number stating case is pending. Now, I have the following questions which I really want the answer for:

1) US citizens who have applied for I-130 for their spouse to come to US, how long approximately has it taken for their spouse to come to US in recent days (based on 2009-2010 statistics)????

2) Would you recommend applying for K3 (I-129f) so that my husband can come here early? or it's not that big a difference of time to come on immigration (I-130)??

a) Is I-129f more expensive than I-130 route??

3) My husband's address in India just changed from what I put in the application for I-130. Now, how do I change it??

4) Approximately, how long does it take to get an approval for I-130 given all documents that they asked for???

5) What all documents do they require from the citizen as well as the spouse once they approve I-130??

6) When can my husband expect to go for medical check-up, police clearance and fingerprinting??

a) How many places does one have to get police clearance from?

7)What kind of questions can one anticipate in a visa interview?

Please help me with any answer that you can provide me for my questions.

Thanks a lot in anticipation.

Comment

I have question about item 11 on form I-129f. question on the form is: have you ever filed petition for this or any other alien fiance or husband/wife??

I have never filed I-129f but I did file once I-130 for my previous spouse who left marriage and country. Do I need to mention that and/or does this question refers only to petition for alien fiance-petition filed for I-129f???
      Thanks so much.

Comment

have to mention 1130 in i129f

yes you have to mention if you have applied for i130 in I129F . I had same situation. we were married and i applied I130 but got divorced before getting I130 approved.

so you have to mention that in siection 11 of I129F application.

Comment

Originally posted by shawndship View Post
          good day i just want to ask some question that really confusing me and so stress...me and my us citizen husband was merried he file petition for me...all paper from NVC was under my single name...i never change my passport to my married name but i need to renew...wat should i used??/ my single name or my married name in getting new passport?/wat will happend to my file with NVC ist ok to still use my single name even where married?if i change it to his name or my married name is there any problem from issue a visa??
          your visa and id must match

Comment

Originally posted by svj1983 View Post
            Hi...

I am an US citizen who got married in Jan 2010 to my husband who is an Indian citizen. I applied for my husband through the I-130 form (along with G-325A) in May 2010 and received the 797-C action notice dated 18MAY2010 from the California processing centre with a receipt number stating case is pending. Now, I have the following questions which I really want the answer for:

1) US citizens who have applied for I-130 for their spouse to come to US, how long approximately has it taken for their spouse to come to US in recent days (based on 2009-2010 statistics)????

2) Would you recommend applying for K3 (I-129f) so that my husband can come here early? or it's not that big a difference of time to come on immigration (I-130)??

a) Is I-129f more expensive than I-130 route??

3) My husband's address in India just changed from what I put in the application for I-130. Now, how do I change it??

4) Approximately, how long does it take to get an approval for I-130 given all documents that they asked for???

5) What all documents do they require from the citizen as well as the spouse once they approve I-130??

6) When can my husband expect to go for medical check-up, police clearance and fingerprinting??

a) How many places does one have to get police clearance from?

7)What kind of questions can one anticipate in a visa interview?

Please help me with any answer that you can provide me for my questions.

Thanks a lot in anticipation.
            i tried to give info and got timed out, e mail is [email protected], i hve info for u if u like

Comment

Originally posted by danielsa1970 View Post
              To whomever:

Needing some good sound advice..

My wife is in the Philippines and we were married back in February. I sent in the I-130 with G-325a form to Chicago lock-box and recieved a receipt letter.
              Next, I sent in an I-129f to Vermont NVS and recieved the receipt letter for the fiance'/spouse visa.

Questions are:

1) Can I send in the I-864ez and to which processing center do I send it to? Also I will send to my wife all of the documents and signed I-864ez form for her interview.

2) My wife has not had her vaccination shots so I have advised her to go ahead and get them before her medical exam because they will just tell her to go and get them also and come back later. Is this the best advise or should she wait for the exam?

3) Is it ok that I send in copies of transactions sent to my wife in the last few months around 7,000USD? I figured it would demonstrate that I am the one who is supporting her.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to expedite this process. I am going absolutely crazy here being without her.

Thank you & God Bless all who is in the same boat as me..

Dan
              send the 864ez to where they tell u too. im sure they gave you the address in the instructions. the medical will tell her what vaccines to get so its better to wait and get the correct ones and correct records. they should do the shots in tht office. they will ask for a AOS affidvit of support. no worries, but do make sure you have as much evidence as possible as far as pictures, videos, call records, skype records, emails, letters, bills, ANYTHING that shows its a real relationship. my husband is 16 years younger and they are holding that agaisnt us to deny us. anyways i hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by cindymurphy425 View Post
                send the 864ez to where they tell u too. im sure they gave you the address in the instructions. the medical will tell her what vaccines to get so its better to wait and get the correct ones and correct records. they should do the shots in tht office. they will ask for a AOS affidvit of support. no worries, but do make sure you have as much evidence as possible as far as pictures, videos, call records, skype records, emails, letters, bills, ANYTHING that shows its a real relationship. my husband is 16 years younger and they are holding that agaisnt us to deny us. anyways i hope this helps

give her copies of EVERYTHING that you, uscis, visa and the embassy has

Comment

K1

Im enter the US as K1 last septmber 2010 we got married last november then we filed my AOS and send all my packet to the office of mmigration ten we find out the the check we send was wrong and im rnning out of time i will be 90 days this 28 of december 2010..we are not able got te packet bac yet coz of holiday season .Do we have any problem arise ? we will send it back rigth away when we got it and get the rigt check.please advise me .ASAP.thnk you.

Comment

i am currently working abroad and i send my petition form 129-f to USCIS vermont, st.albans did i send it to a right address or it should be in USCIS dallas, texas? i'm confused pls, help me.

thank u.

matt

Comment

call

Originally posted by pingstwin View Post
                      Im enter the US as K1 last septmber 2010 we got married last november then we filed my AOS and send all my packet to the office of mmigration ten we find out the the check we send was wrong and im rnning out of time i will be 90 days this 28 of december 2010..we are not able got te packet bac yet coz of holiday season .Do we have any problem arise ? we will send it back rigth away when we got it and get the rigt check.please advise me .ASAP.thnk you.
                      you should call them. also i think that if they received the papers before your due date you should be ok because you DID submit them before the deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjoy View Post
                        i am currently working abroad and i send my petition form 129-f to USCIS vermont, st.albans did i send it to a right address or it should be in USCIS dallas, texas? i'm confused pls, help me.

thank u.

matt
                        as far as i know they always tell you to send it to the one that they tell you to in the letter they have sent you, uscis.gov has all the info

Comment

I 134

I sent my I 134 with evidence with my I-129F petition to California Service Center. I now know that I should not have done that; that I should only send it upon the Manila embassy request? What will they do with it? Will they return it or forward it with my file to NVC and Embassy? I have no way of knowing if it will be sent with file. It was a lot of trouble to obtain all the evidence which I still have copies of.

Comment

Need the same sort of info

Originally posted by cindymurphy425 View Post
                            i tried to give info and got timed out, e mail is [email protected], i hve info for u if u like
                            Hi !
                            I am going to India in 3 weeks.I am getting engaged to my soon to be fiance in India. My question is ..which visa application is faster and most reliable. K1 Or K3 /apply for spouse visa!! In the latter case I ll need to be married !
                            Pls give ur advise as I really need to kno so that I have appropriate paperwork ready!
                            Thanks a lot and Blessings !!
                            Deepi.

Comment

From Tourist Visa to Fiance Visa

Hello! (And special greetings to Ms. Cindy Murphy). I can see that she is the most helpful of all.

I am very impressed of how helpful and informative this forum is. Hence, I decided to post my own concern. I am really hoping that someone can help me on this.

Here's my relationship profile with my boyfriend:

> I am 23 years old from Philippines. He is 24 years old from Belgium
                              > We met in Jordan 7 months ago. I was a waitress, he was a tour leader
                              > We've been in a relationship for 7 months now
                              > I already met his family when they visited him in Jordan
                              > We've done a lot of traveling together both in Jordan and in Philppines
                              > He came here for a visit last November. He stayed for 3 weeks which means with a handful of photos and other documents to prove our relationship

Now here's what happened. I applied for a Tourist Visa. I didn't have a job at that time because I thought it not wise to leave from work for 3 months. We did have the intention of getting married in Belgium but of course I didn't mention that during the short interview I had with the Embassy. I just received the news that the visa was denied and now we are considering for applying a Fiance Visa. My concerns are as follows:

1. Will the Embassy accuse me of fraud given that I didn't initally mention my intent of staying in Belgium when I first applied for a Tourist Visa?
                              2. Is there a possibility of being banned from the country due to this?
                              3. Is there really a chance for me to have a Fiance Visa given the circumstance mentioned?
                              4. Can I just reapply as early as next month?

Your response to this concern will be highly appreciated. My boyfriend and I are very much stressed out because of this. We are not sure which step to take so I hope someone from here can really give us some information that might help.

Thank you in advance.

Additional notes: I know it sounds crazy that we already wish to be married even tho we've been together for not even a year long. But the truth is, we really are very much in love and we intend to spend the rest of our lives together. This is also not a typical mail-to-order bride situation. No disrespect to anyone but I'm not from a poor family who lives in a remote province. I am a career driven woman with a degree in Tourism Mgt from one of the top universities in my country and had to sacrifice her career in the Cruiseline and/or Airline industry for this relationship.

Comment

K3 Visa Inq !

Hi,

I wanted to know details about K3 Visa, What is not clear to me, Is it only for a "US Citizen" or Can it also be considered by and NRI who is working as a professional "Doctor" however has not permanently Migrated to United States.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X