Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 Visa - Co sponsor

Hello,

My fiancee was resfused to issue visa by US consulor due to my income is not enough. Therefore, I would like to ask you whether I can put my friend as a co sponsor or not ? because somebody said that co sponsor must be relative of us, US consulor can not accept friend as a co sponsor.

Please kindly assist to advise

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your message. As a co-sponsor can be anyone, could I let my friend fill the form I-134 and submmit it to US embassy becasue on the letter of refusal visa was stated that " For K visas the applicant must demonstrate that he/she will not become a public charge in the U.S. U.S. Federal Income Tax Returns for year(s) 2204,2005,2206 from: Petitioner and Joint Sponsor".

Could assist to advise whether US consular accept or not ?

Comment

Support Issue

Some consulates do not look favorably on those who use co-sponsors and do not have sufficient income on their own...

This may not be fair, given that using a co-sponsor is perfectly allowable, but that's the way it is.

Which country is your fiancee from?

Please note, if your K1 is denied, the worse thing you can do is get married and apply for the K3 instead. You need to talk to an immigration attorney about this.
      Last edited by ATex321; 09-14-2007, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Applying for K3 after K1 denial

If your K-1 fiance(e) visa is denied based on INA 221(g), you should not simply marry and apply for a K3 or IR instead.

Why?

Seemingly, once the petition is returned to USCIS following the denial, USCIS officials can revoke such petitions.

Unchallenged, this can lead to an official finding of Misrepresentation on the part of the applicant.

What are the chances of successfully applying for a marriage visa with a finding of misrepresentation on a previous visa?

Zero.

A misrepresentation finding can prevent you from ever entering the U.S.

As a result, when you apply for the K3 or IR (because your K1 was denied) this visa will also be denied.

Therefore, if your K1 visa is denied, don’t just move onto a marriage visa.

Apparently, some attorneys are telling clients not to worry after their fiance(e) visa is denied, and advising them to get married and apply for a marriage visa instead.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X