fiance, problem after maariage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fiance, problem after maariage

my cousin brought his fiance to US, got married within 90 days, but after that he got some problems with his new wife and now does not want to do any paper work for "adjustment of status". in this case does she has to go back. she does not want to as it is too much embarassment for her and her family to g back within 4 months of her marriage. does he has to divorce her, any penelty for him to do all yhis to her.

She has to go back. She can not adjust status unless he petitions for her and they must get a divorce. There is NO WAY for her to stay, as she entered under a K visa and can only undergo AOS through her K visa sponsor.

Penalties for him? that is not for me to decide...
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

So, what makes him not to apply "adjustment status" for his new wife. you know, marriage is not a car race game. once you realised the defect of vihecles after you use it, switch the vihicles and get new one. should have think first.
      offcourse its embarassing for her to return.
      there is way for her to stay in usa without her husband co operate. cox i had the same experience.
      panelties???????????? there is no panelty by not making green card for his wife but be careful he might end up in jail or get deported if he try to mistreat her.

well wisher.

Comment

See VAWA.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X