I-129F Processing, how long does it really take? USA - UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-129F Processing, how long does it really take? USA - UK

Just starting out on this adventure, other than the vague 5mo. estimate. Can any one walk me through the time between the different steps of having your I129F processed. In particular I am looking for info between USA and UK embassys. What are the next steps coming up for me and what is the time frame I am looking at for them.

Thanks Much - Colleen

My fiance filed his I129f in May 2009, the Vermont office acknowledged this on 22nd May, they did request further evidence which we sent and the following week it was approved 9th Nov 2009 and all paperwork sent to The US Embassy in London a few days later they sent my Packet 3 which I received 19th Dec 2009, I turned it around in a day and sent it back registered mail, they received it 22nd Dec, I had my medical 14th Jan and my final interview in London is scheduled for 26th Feb.

Hope this is of use to you.

Izzy

Comment

Hi!

Hey Colleen!
      I'm in the exact same boat as you, I'm about to file the petition for my UK boyfriend (he's coming to propose in June). Please let me know how everything goes with you, as it will be nice to have contact with someone who's doing the same thing as me.
      Christina

Comment

2.5 months for both I-130 and I-129F approvals. Case number issuance took another 2 weeks or so.

Comment

Does this mean you had the visa in hand in 3 months? Or was that when you had to wait for the Embassy over there to do the interview and "administrative processing" (Rather vague, don't you think?) and issue the visa? Sorry, I'm brand new at this game and don't know what to expect. We've already lost money on deposits for our wedding because an idiot attorney told us to try to get him a "tourist visa" and then do a change of status once he got here. I'm terrified to even plan another wedding not knowing how long to expect to wait.

We just sent off the K1 paperwork a week and a half ago via FedEx. The attorney hasn't given me the reciept number yet or anything. Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I hope for your sakes that the "idiot" attny is not the same as your current attny!

In our case, the attny's office sat on our case number (which allows us to schedule my wife's K3 visa interview) for over 6 weeks. I am assuming they did not know what to actually do with it. Once, I found out, I raised Cain and fired him later. All's well that ends well and now my wife is here in the US awaiting her AoS to CLPR.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X