Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 Part 2 Q 1.a

Hi all,

I am filling form I-485, and I am confused about the process for questions 1.a on Part 2.

I am a US citizen, and my wife arrived in the US on a K1 visa. We got married 3 weeks ago, and we are ready to send all the forms and supported documents.
    I noticed that on the
    Code:
    [URL="https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/fiancees"]uscis.gov/greencard/fiancees[/URL]
    it stated that:
    When you marry your U.S. citizen petitioner within 90 days of admission as a K-1 nonimmigrant, you become an immediate relative. Immigrant visas for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens are always immediately available.
    At first, I chose the
    Persons admitted to the United States as a fiancee... (K1 Nonimmigrant)
    checkbox. Now, before sending the form, I have a second thought that I should have check the box that says
    Immediate relative of a US citizen, Form I-130

Should I choose the first checkbox or the third on that form (Page 3, Part 2, Q 1.a)?

Lastly, if we want to apply for the advanced parole, Form I-131 but we're not sure if we're going to leave or we don't have an exact date, should we even bother feeling this form?

Thank you all for the support

If you guys married within 90 days of her entry on K1, she should choose "Persons admitted to the United States as a fiancee... (K1/K2 Nonimmigrant)". That way, she wouldn't need an I-130 with her I-485.

For I-131 for Advance Parole, she can put "Unknown" or "TBD" for the date of departure and length.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hello ,after k1 visa and getting married i sent my wife's I485 to chicago lockbox,the tracking number from the usps says that the package was delivered to an officer in july 14th,its being almost 4 weeks and still havent get the receipt form from them ,the money orders havent being cashed yet,is anybody else experincing the same,please comment

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X