I-601

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-601

hey guys/gals. I recently submitted a I-601 waiver for inadmissibility. it seems like all went well with proving my extreme hardship . the problem arrises now after getting a RFE for her needing a new medical appointment and 6 months of anti doping tests which isn't a problem. but since admitting drug use back in 2019 we had an extra six months added to the wait which ended august 1st 2019. but no one advised us to just come back after six months for another test while the waiver was being processed we assumed we had to wait on a decision first. so essentially we are 6 months late . my fiancé in Mexico called the medical in the consulate and asked for an appointment but was told they can't make another appointment she would just have to fly there and walk in.

the RFE states please provide evidence that you have contacted the consulate to have a new medical examination scheduled and/or completed after August 1st 2019. and those results were returned to the consulate through proper procedures.

so if she flys there and completes these test. could she just go into the consulate or do I have to still submit the evidence back to the officer working on the waiver.... I don't understand why she cant make an appointment so I can prove this for my RFE

If you are filing an I-601A, then your spouse has already been approved by USCIS as a conditional permanent resident. If you are filing an I-601, then your spouse has not yet obtained his or her conditional permanent residence. The information below is specific to the I-601. The I-601 is a petition for an immigrant visa that allows the beneficiary to obtain his or her Green Card in the United States rather than abroad.

This is the process that most people use when they want to immigrate their spouse while they are still residing overseas. For example, if your spouse is from Mexico and you recently moved to the United States, you may have been told that you cannot file for your spouse's Green Card until he or she comes to the United States and applies for one abroad.

Fortunately, this is incorrect! You can file for your spouse's Green Card in the United States (assuming you are legally married). The first step in this process is to file a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. This form must be filed even if you already sent in all of the required evidence with it. After filing this form, you will receive a biometrics appointment at which time your fingerprints will be taken and your photograph will be taken. www.tcswebmail.info www.upsers.fyi www.prepaidgiftbalance.fyi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X