Question regarding Adjustment of Status (K1) and I-693 form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Adjustment of Status (K1) and I-693 form

Background: Wife arrived February 3rd on her K1 visa, We married March 4th. We did have an attorney based in California help file our K1 application. Unfortunately they have since doubled their prices since the crack down on immigration so we are left to file her AOS on our own.

For the most part the I-485 and other forms are strait forward, She already has her SSN as well. The problem i am having is with the I-693 form, She did have her medical exam in Manila prior to her coming here, According to the direction on the I-693 it states the following:

3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?

If you were admitted as a: A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then: (1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and (a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or (b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver. (2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 9. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 3., 4., 6., and 9. of Form I-693.

So it seems all we would need to include with her I-485 package is a copy of her DS 3025. It is marked as complete by the surgeon and shows all of her vaccines. Some sites like visa journey say she still needs the form I-693 filled out by a surgeon so i am just wondering what other people have done in this situation? Her I-94 is valid until May 1st, However we would like to file soon so any advice/assistance is greatly appreciated.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X