I 130 Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 130 Query

Hi, I am inquiring about any information i can get, if any, on I 130 application waiting time. My Wife lives in the USA and is a Permanent resident with 2 daughters who are American citizens. My wife lodged my application on September 2022. In August 2023 the application started a countdown from 1 month, 3 weeks, 1 week, 1 day etc and then went to "Your case is being actively being reviewed from November 2022. It is still at this status. A bit frustrating to have a countdown clock and then to go to this open ended statement, nevertheless ill have to wait. Would anyone know if i might have an imminent decision or could it drag on for months. I'm based in Ireland. I have an IOE receipt number. Thanks for reading.

Did you marry before or after your wife got her green card? What category did she immigrate in?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Did you marry before or after your wife got her green card? What category did she immigrate in?
      Hi, thanks for your reply, we were married before she got her visa. She got a family Visa. Her Daughter applied and brought her in.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

I don't think there is anything to do but wait. Even if the I-130 were approved, a visa number is not available for your priority date anyway. Your wife can apply for a Re-entry Permit and stay with you in Ireland while you wait.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes, waiting is for sure. My wife returning would not be practical. The I 130 being approved would be progress but I realise I will be waiting which is OK, its just to get some idea of a time frame. Excuse my ignorance but I find it hard to understand the visa bulletin under the F2A category. How will I know a visa number will be available by monitoring the visa bulletin? Thank you.

Comment

In some cases, an I-130 petition can be processed relatively quickly, while in others, it may take several months or even longer. The COVID-19 pandemic has also impacted processing times for immigration applications.

Comment

Originally posted by Caler355 View Post
                Hi, thanks for the reply, yes, waiting is for sure. My wife returning would not be practical. The I 130 being approved would be progress but I realise I will be waiting which is OK, its just to get some idea of a time frame. Excuse my ignorance but I find it hard to understand the visa bulletin under the F2A category. How will I know a visa number will be available by monitoring the visa bulletin? Thank you.
                Your priority date is after the date in the Final Action Date chart, but before the date in the Dates for Filing chart. So if your I-130 were approved, they could start the Consular Processing process, but they could not issue the actual immigrant visa. So I guess the I-130 not being approved could delay it in that sense. I am not sure what the time frame will be.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post

Your priority date is after the date in the Final Action Date chart, but before the date in the Dates for Filing chart. So if your I-130 were approved, they could start the Consular Processing process, but they could not issue the actual immigrant visa. So I guess the I-130 not being approved could delay it in that sense. I am not sure what the time frame will be.
                  Thanks for that, i appreciate your replies. I'm heading over for a few weeks for Christmas, so ill look forward to that .

Comment

Originally posted by lilycollins7878 View Post
                    In some cases, an I-130 petition can be processed relatively quickly, while in others, it may take several months or even longer. The COVID-19 pandemic has also impacted processing times for immigration applications.
                    Thanks for your reply. Just trying to under stand this visa bulletin which i found confusing, i know ill be waiting, its just to see roughly how long. Thank you.

Comment

I appreciate your response. I'm just trying to understand this complex visa announcement; I know I'll be waiting, but I'm just curious about how long it will take. I'm grateful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X