How to sign response to RFE? (I-129f)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to sign response to RFE? (I-129f)

We received a RFE (for I-129f) and they're asking for more evidence of us meeting along with a missing page. They want a signature and date but where should this be done? I saw that some people include a sort of cover letter where they respond to the RFE and outline the contents of the submitted evidence and end the letter with a signature. Would this be sufficient or should the signature be somewhere else?

Yes, including a cover letter with your response to the RFE (Request for Evidence) is a good practice and can help to organize your evidence and make it easier for USCIS to review. In the cover letter, you can outline the contents of the submitted evidence, explain why you are providing each piece of evidence, and address any specific concerns raised by USCIS in the RFE.

Here is an example of how to format your cover letter:

[Your Name] [Your Address] [Your Email Address] [Your Phone Number]

[Date]

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Attn: RFE Unit [Processing Center Address]

RE: I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) Receipt Number: [Your Receipt Number]

Dear USCIS Officer,

I am writing to respond to the Request for Evidence (RFE) dated [Date] regarding our I-129F petition for alien fiancé(e). I am providing the following evidence in response to your requests:[List of evidence]

I have reviewed the RFE carefully and have addressed your concerns to the best of my ability. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely, [Your Signature] [Your Printed Name]

In addition to the cover letter, you should also submit a separate signed statement for each of the missing pages. The statement should be signed by the person who created the document or, if that person is not available, by someone who has knowledge of the document. The statement should include the following information:
    • The date the document was created
    • The name of the person who created the document
    • A description of the document
    • A statement that the document is true and correct

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Yes, it is sufficient to include a signature and date on a cover letter that responds to the RFE and outlines the contents of the submitted evidence. You can also sign the original I-129F form, but this is not strictly required.

The purpose of the signature is to attest that the information on the document is correct and that you have reviewed it and agree to it. The date is to indicate when the document was signed.

Here are some tips for responding to an RFE for I-129F:
      • Provide all of the requested evidence. If you are unable to provide all of the requested evidence, explain why and provide any alternative evidence that you can.
      • Be specific. Identify the specific information or documents that you are providing in response to the RFE.
      • Date the response. This will help USCIS to track the status of your case.
      • Sign and date the response. This will attest to the accuracy koows of the echat information developerbook on the document.

If you have any questions about responding to an RFE, you can consult with a qualified immigration attorney.
      Last edited by EleanerLucy; 12-08-2023, 03:43 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X