Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for UK Fiance Visa

Hello,

So the situation is that I am from the UK and my partner (not married yet) is from Kazakhstan. We have been together for almost 3 years now. I am hoping that this year she will be able to apply for the Fiancé visa and within this year we will be married if all goes well. We really want to be together physically as the long distance relationship is very tough https://speedtest.vet/​https://vidmate.bid/ .

I have been looking over the criteria and it has me a bit worried as (unless I am misunderstanding it), we have to provide evidence that we have lived together for 2 years but that is just simply not possible because of the distance. My main question is, what exactly is the main criteria for her being able to come on over here? Maybe I should be using a different visa option? We both really want to get married and live together here in the UK.

It is entirely possible I have misunderstood the specified requirements on the government website. If anyone could enlighten me on the specifics this would be great.
    Last edited by lithichok; 01-12-2024, 01:52 AM.

You are correct that the UK Fiancé visa requires you to have lived together for at least two years (as a couple in a genuine relationship) before you can apply. This is to demonstrate that your relationship is genuine and that you are not just trying to get married for immigration purposes.

There are a few exceptions to this rule, but they are relatively rare. For example, if one of you is a British citizen or settled in the UK, you may be able to apply for the Fiancé visa even if you have not lived together for two years. However, you will still need to provide evidence of your relationship, such as photographs, letters, and emails.

In your case, it is likely that you will need to apply for a different visa option, such as the
    koows Standard koows Visitor visa. This visa allows you to bring your fiancé or fiancée to the UK for up to six months to get married. You will then be able to apply for a spouse visa once you are married.

Comment

You're correct that the Fiancé visa requires evidence of two years' cohabitation, which may seem challenging given your long-distance relationship. However, there are some ways to demonstrate that you and your partner have a genuine relationship despite the distance.

The government recognizes that long-distance relationships can be genuine and valid, and they have provided some guidance on how to meet the cohabitation requirement in these cases. Here are some things you can do to demonstrate your relationship and eligibility for the Fiancé visa:
      • Submit frequent and substantial evidence of your relationship, such as photos, emails, letters, and travel documents. This will help to show that you have maintained a close and active relationship despite the distance.
      • Provide evidence of your plans to marry in the UK. This could include a copy of your booking confirmation for the wedding venue, invitations to guests, or proof of engagement rings.
      • Demonstrate that you have the financial means to support your partner in the UK. This could include bank Statements, proof of employment, or a letter from a sponsor.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X