No announcement yet.

Withdraw I-129F while being processing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withdraw I-129F while being processing.

I am a US citizen. I have filed petition for my fiancée over three months. My case is stil processing. However, our relationship is not working out. I am considering withdrawing the application now before it got approved and go to National Visa Center. My question is can I file for another I-129F in the near future if I find someone else. Is there a restricted time that I must wait until I am eligible to file a new I-129F?

There is some mention of filing a 2nd 129f within 2 years of a 1st, that kinda assumes your first one was approved. I thought the I-129F ‘counts’ after it is approved and moves to the NVC?

Either way, if you’re pretty sure it’s not working out, the relationship, I’d be trying to cancel it. You may as well start the process of nullifying it.
    Last edited by cowboy87; 03-01-2024, 01:14 PM.

Comment

As for filing a new I-129F, there's no set waiting period. But USCIS might scrutinize a new petition soon after a withdrawal. Focus on ending this petition and then consult an immigration attorney before filing again. They can advise on the best timing and strategy for your specific situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X