fiance visa application for an immigrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fiance visa application for an immigrant

I'd like to know the process that we'll undergo thru if my fiance is an immigrant & we'll get married. I'm from a different country.

You question is not clear.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by pie8878 View Post
      I'd like to know the process that we'll undergo thru if my fiance is an immigrant & we'll get married. I'm from a different country.
      If your fiance has a greencard she can file a form I-130 for you after you are married. The wait will be many years because they only allow a certain number each year depending on the country. When your "priority date" comes up they will finish processing the papers for the visa.

BUT if your wife is a US citizen or becomes one by naturalization, then you move to the front of the line and it takes several months to process the papers. There is no limit of visas available for spouses of citizens.

You could get in line as soon as you marry by her filing the I-130. Then if she became a US citizen before your priority date came up, she could notify USCIS and they would take you out of the waiting line and start processing your papers.
      Last edited by nichole; 02-05-2012, 06:21 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X