UK marriage and K3 timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK marriage and K3 timeline

Hi, got married in scotland last year, USC husband did not get permission before MARRIAGE but wife (full time student from India), got notice from council. WE have now filed the i-130, we have also gotten notice, now on the second stage of filing. Questions are:

1)what is implication of not having the permission (we were wedded anyway)
    2)If we filed the i-130 in december, what is the time line before wife is called for medical and how fast can she be here?

Many thanks.

Originally posted by confusedk3 View Post
    Hi, got married in scotland last year, USC husband did not get permission before MARRIAGE but wife (full time student from India), got notice from council. WE have now filed the i-130, we have also gotten notice, now on the second stage of filing.
    Do you mean you got notice from USCIS that the I-130 petition was accepted and now you are going to fill out an I-129F for a K3???? If yes, then that is a waste of time. The K3 is rarely given anymore. Or do you mean your petition has been approved by USCIS and sent to the National Visa Center?

Questions are:

1)what is implication of not having the permission (we were wedded anyway)
    2)If we filed the i-130 in december, what is the time line before wife is called for medical and how fast can she be here?
    1. Do you have a vaild marriage certificate? That is key to a spouse visa. If married in Scotland, it would be a UK marriage certificate.

2. Time -- which service center is processing your I-130 --Vermont or California ?? Has you I-130 already been approved?

I can't offer any more help because you didn't give enough information.

Comment

not so easy now

now the UK have change the immigration rules so its hard to get citizen ship on marriage base.

Comment

re

Originally posted by nichole View Post
        Do you mean you got notice from USCIS that the I-130 petition was accepted and now you are going to fill out an I-129F for a K3???? If yes, then that is a waste of time. The K3 is rarely given anymore. Or do you mean your petition has been approved by USCIS and sent to the National Visa Center?

I thot a USC needs approval before getting married in the UK. My husband did not know this before travelling down. We were approved to be married and we got our marriage certificate too.
        Will this affect the process in any way?

1. Do you have a vaild marriage certificate? That is key to a spouse visa. If married in Scotland, it would be a UK marriage certificate.

YES we got issued a marriage certificate

2. Time -- which service center is processing your I-130 --Vermont or California ?? Has you I-130 already been approved?

I can't offer any more help because you didn't give enough information.

Thanks Nicole for the reply. Yes, our i-130 petition was accepted before we applied for the i-129 and we go approval for that in also and processing centre is in California

Comment

[/COLOR]

Thanks Nicole for the reply. Yes, our i-130 petition was accepted before we applied for the i-129 and we go approval for that in also and processing centre is in California
          ?????????????
          What petition was approved I-129F or 1-130 or both on the same date?
          If I-130 was approved then I-129F will be closed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X