apply for K-2 -- COMplicated situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apply for K-2 -- COMplicated situation

I am currently a student in the US on F-1 sutdent visa. I have been in the US for half year.
    Two months ago, my mother came to the US and married a US citizen. I am no 19 years old.

I am eligible for K-2 visa as I am a unmarried child of K-1 visa holder under the age of 21, except the fact that I am already in the US. I can get a greencard when my mother does if I am a K-2 visa holder.

My question is, can i apply for K-2 visa? Can i change my status? I know its weird because I am already in the US. Is there anything I can do ?

K visas are only for Fiance and their children. You cannot apply for a K visa since your mother is already married and that since you are in the US. Check if you can adjust status to another category

Comment

how long is your moms marriage to the US citizen? If she has adjusted her status from permanent resident to now a citizen, then you can/ she can help you apply fo certificate of citizen. I know they changed the law in ard 2001- any US citizen who has a child below 18 yrs naturally qualifies to be a US citizen and has to apply for the certifcate of citizen.Research more into it

Comment

Originally posted by klinostat View Post
        how long is your moms marriage to the US citizen? If she has adjusted her status from permanent resident to now a citizen, then you can/ she can help you apply fo certificate of citizen. I know they changed the law in ard 2001- any US citizen who has a child below 18 yrs naturally qualifies to be a US citizen and has to apply for the certifcate of citizen.Research more into it
        His mom won't be a citizen for at least 3.5 years.

Comment

You right nicole, its gonna take her mom 3 yrs to qualify and abt 5months to complete the adjustment of status which will render him unqualified because he will be more than 21 yrs, right??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X