delays in VSC processing I129F/K1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carminaburano41 View Post
    Any news from you? did the senator get to help?? my fiance contacted a congressman as well, we'll see how it goes. Please keep posting things, that's the only hope we have right now...
    Thanks
    I received notification that my signed request has been received. The letter said that it can take up to 30 days to get a response. Im keeping my fingers crossed. My intent is not to jump ahead of anyone. I am very content waiting my turn. My intent is to raise awareness to the slow processing times, but more importantly, the lack of transparency and lack of updates on the process.

Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback. Same case with me, not trying to take anyone’s spot. In my case I have not received any feedback from the 3 senators I contacted via their website (contact form). I will try to give a call to Bernie’s Sanders office today.
      I did obtain thought a phone number for an INS supervisor. I spoke with the financial department at VT house of representatives and when I told them my concerns with the VT Service Center they adviced me to speak with DONNI THOMAS 202 2728176.
      I left him a voicemail yesterday. Honestly I don’t know if he will reply my call (doubt it) but it wont hurt if more people are also leaving voicemails in regards to this issue. We want to raise awareness as much as possible.

Will keep everyone posted!

Comment

Originally posted by mpgcaro View Post
        Thank you so much for your feedback. Same case with me, not trying to take anyone’s spot. In my case I have not received any feedback from the 3 senators I contacted via their website (contact form). I will try to give a call to Bernie’s Sanders office today.
        I did obtain thought a phone number for an INS supervisor. I spoke with the financial department at VT house of representatives and when I told them my concerns with the VT Service Center they adviced me to speak with DONNI THOMAS 202 2728176.
        I left him a voicemail yesterday. Honestly I don’t know if he will reply my call (doubt it) but it wont hurt if more people are also leaving voicemails in regards to this issue. We want to raise awareness as much as possible.

Will keep everyone posted!
        The thing to remember is, per the constitution of the United States, our government officials work for us!!! Send them inquiries through their website contact forms everyday! Call them every day. Demand a response. You are their boss, you pay their bills.

My Senator is Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky. His office has been quick to reply with each contact.

Comment

287 days and no NOA 2

titles speaks for it, we are on our 287th day waiting and no signs of noa2 yet, im a july filer at csc? getting frustrated and tired of this loongggg wait. anybody here are july csc fliers? any news from you guys?

Comment

Did you use an attorney to file the 129F? May I ask you in what state are you located?
            have you tried calling INS and asking them what happened to the visas they were processing in December-January? you are completely out of processing times!

Originally posted by Ren Yalung View Post
            titles speaks for it, we are on our 287th day waiting and no signs of noa2 yet, im a july filer at csc? getting frustrated and tired of this loongggg wait. anybody here are july csc fliers? any news from you guys?

Comment

Did you use an attorney to file the 129F? May I ask you in what state are you located?
              have you tried calling INS and asking them what happened to the visas they were processing in December-January? you are completely out of processing times!
              No i didnt use any attorney on filing my i129f. im located in Washington state. i have been calling uscis almost every month as they advice me, everytime i call they always say wait for 30 days and so on. first time i called was Dec. 26th of 2012 and they said there processing July 18th.2012 w/c is day after our paper works had been recieved from them, i send out papers on July 17th.2012, got acceptance letter on July 19th.2012 and till now havent recieved anything yet.my fiancee and i are getting frustrated and worried about this. it seems like forever to get noa2 or RFE if that the case. how will i call ins? and yes i agree that i am way out of our timelime

Comment

i am surprised they gave you that date of July 18 over the phone, when I call the only date they give me is the one that you can see online in the VSC section. Right now, today is still showing that on Dec 31st they were processing July 2nd.

at this point, it may be wise for you to consult an attorney, unfortunatelly several sources have told me that when processing papers with a lawyer, INS gives you preference, as attorneys prepare the packages in the exact order that INS likes them. If there is one single thing missing it may delay your case for months. An attorney may be able to speed up process or find out what is missing in your deck of documents.

Originally posted by Ren Yalung View Post
                No i didnt use any attorney on filing my i129f. im located in Washington state. i have been calling uscis almost every month as they advice me, everytime i call they always say wait for 30 days and so on. first time i called was Dec. 26th of 2012 and they said there processing July 18th.2012 w/c is day after our paper works had been recieved from them, i send out papers on July 17th.2012, got acceptance letter on July 19th.2012 and till now havent recieved anything yet.my fiancee and i are getting frustrated and worried about this. it seems like forever to get noa2 or RFE if that the case. how will i call ins? and yes i agree that i am way out of our timelime

Comment

i am surprised they gave you that date of July 18 over the phone, when I call the only date they give me is the one that you can see online in the VSC section. Right now, today is still showing that on Dec 31st they were processing July 2nd.

at this point, it may be wise for you to consult an attorney, unfortunatelly several sources have told me that when processing papers with a lawyer, INS gives you preference, as attorneys prepare the packages in the exact order that INS likes them. If there is one single thing missing it may delay your case for months. An attorney may be able to speed up process or find out what is missing in your deck of documents.
                  so you mean to say i can still use a attorney even thou i had submitted my paper works already? what benefit will i get from an attorney? also yes when i called uscis and talked to there tier 2, she said they are back log and doing there " best" to process all applicants and as of today they are still working on july 18th. also is there anybody here who have contacted there congessman? did it help? what advantage you team got from getting the congressman involve? thank you team for responses. may we all get our noa2 soon and be reunited with our love once.

Comment

Rfe

Hi, I applied for my fiance' visa who is residing in India . We got the NOA1 and we were waiting for our approval, but we got the RFE and it says that we have to submit a letter of our intent to marry and evidences to prove our relationship. We got legally married in India after we filed the petition and we were thinking if our marriage license could be submitted as evidence for our relationship. Please let us know if it would cause any issues for this Visa. "

Comment

Fidanza, may i ask you in what month did you file the 129F?

Originally posted by fidanza View Post
                      Hi, I applied for my fiance' visa who is residing in India . We got the NOA1 and we were waiting for our approval, but we got the RFE and it says that we have to submit a letter of our intent to marry and evidences to prove our relationship. We got legally married in India after we filed the petition and we were thinking if our marriage license could be submitted as evidence for our relationship. Please let us know if it would cause any issues for this Visa. "

Comment

129F Approved!

On September 21st my 129F was file at VSC. I have received notification today that my application was approved. I must say I did contact Tier 2 agent last week and inquired about my case to please provide feedback ASAP. I did file my petition with a fabulous attorney in Boston. My package was probably in order as usually INS likes it. This helps to speed up the process. I do recommend all of you to use a good attorney. If one paper is missing or signature is missing in the package that can throw you back months.

I will keep you posted with the embassy contact from Spain.

Comment

I applied on sep25th 2012. Pls give a reply asap

Fidanza, may i ask you in what month did you file the 129F?

Comment

If you have received a RFE it means your case requires further documentation in order for them to approve it or be able to reach a decision. I strongly advice you to get an Immigration attorney, dont choose one out of desperation, do research in your town.

Your attorney will be able to clarify what is missing and preventing your case from moving to the next stage. Which is consular interview.

best of luck.

Originally posted by fidanza View Post

Comment

K3 Spouse Visa CSC

Greetings forum mates,
                              I-129F has been filed by my wife since last year october 2012 and we got the notice of action on OCTOBER 23RD 2012, and till date we haven't heard from them.
                              Please how long more do we need to wait, we have gone through alot sad times including losing our first son to premature, due to my absence and my wife's ill health always in deep thoughts of me not been in the States with her.

Thanks.

Comment

Applied for K-1 (I129F) on 8/20, Approval date was 3/5

I literally JUST pulled our 129F approval notice from the mailbox last night and I cannot begin to tell you how happy I was to see it FINALLY appear after so many months of waiting. Ours was processed through Vermont. The estimated wait on their website is 6 months. just before we hit the 6 month mark, I contacted my Congresswoman's office, Sen. Barbara Mikulski via fax and had them contact immigration on our behalf to inquire of the status of our application (USCIS website wouldn't allow me to inquire directly because our application was still within the waiting period of 6 months--seems they WILL allow a Senator's office to inquire though. (BIG TIP THERE, you guys!)

Anyway, Sen. Mikulski's office got back to me in less than 24 hours with a response--and it was that they simply had not gotten to our application yet. I contacted them in early February. At that time, they were reviewing applications submitted in July. Ours was submitted on August 20, 2012--so I was advised to give it another month or so--and that was about accurate.

So what I can tell you is that right now, they're probably reviewing applications from August/September 2012. Wait time is about 6.5-7 months for K-1 Visa petitions. If you've been waiting beyond that time frame, you (or your fiance) should contact your Senator or House Rep's office. They WILL get you an answer (so many people DON'T use them when they really can.)

Hope that's helpful!
                                Last edited by Mrobartdotcom; 03-20-2013, 01:29 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X