Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for Passport

Hi,
    I m waiting for my passport since 4 months.
    VO kept my passport in Delhi consulate for my H1B and issued me 221g asking for some doc..I submitted it
    But its already 4 months gone no message from consulate. How long they can hold it?
    I contacted VFS but they dont have any information abt whats goin in Consulate..Please share your experience if anyone going through same situation like me.

Thanks

@visah1

Originally posted by visah1 View Post
    Hi,
    I m waiting for my passport since 4 months.
    VO kept my passport in Delhi consulate for my H1B and issued me 221g asking for some doc..I submitted it
    But its already 4 months gone no message from consulate. How long they can hold it?
    I contacted VFS but they dont have any information abt whats goin in Consulate..Please share your experience if anyone going through same situation like me.

Thanks
    Hi there,
    I was also issued 221g green slip, New Delhi consulate to submit employers documents in Dec'11... After submitting docs in dec'11 itself I am still waiting for their decision and my passport..! My passport is with them since the day of my interview, Its been 10 months now..! VFS is good for NOTHING..!!! They would just say one thing that its under admin. process and they will notify once they receive passport from the consulate,,, thats it..! And i do not know how long they can keep passport with them??? even i was looking answer for the same..!!! Anybody out here have any idea about it please share your opinion..!!! I know one thing that we can ask them to return passport and continue with the process but i do not want to do that... passport being kept is the only positive hope i have,,,!!!
    Thanks
    Regards

Comment

Originally posted by dilemma221g View Post
      Hi there,
      I was also issued 221g green slip, New Delhi consulate to submit employers documents in Dec'11... After submitting docs in dec'11 itself I am still waiting for their decision and my passport..! My passport is with them since the day of my interview, Its been 10 months now..! VFS is good for NOTHING..!!! They would just say one thing that its under admin. process and they will notify once they receive passport from the consulate,,, thats it..! And i do not know how long they can keep passport with them??? even i was looking answer for the same..!!! Anybody out here have any idea about it please share your opinion..!!! I know one thing that we can ask them to return passport and continue with the process but i do not want to do that... passport being kept is the only positive hope i have,,,!!!
      Thanks
      Regards
      10 months, its too much.
      It was my second interview after reaffirmation from USCIS. In my first interview they sent my case back to USCIS, but USCIS reaffirmed my VISA and sent my case back to Consulate in Delhi for VISA processing. But again they are doing admin process by keeping passport. I dont know why they r doing admin process once the case has been reapproved.

Comment

@visah1

10 months, its too much.
        It was my second interview after reaffirmation from USCIS. In my first interview they sent my case back to USCIS, but USCIS reaffirmed my VISA and sent my case back to Consulate in Delhi for VISA processing. But again they are doing admin process by keeping passport. I dont know why they r doing admin process once the case has been reapproved.
        Hey there,
        Admin. process even after reaffirmation seems to be very frustrating...! Would you please share your timeline if you don't mind??? Your initial interview, case sent back, and when it got reaffirmed?? In my case I am just waiting since 10 months without any decision given so far, passport is still with the consulate..!!! I hope this 221g journey end soon for all of us..!!!
        Thanks
        Regards

Comment

Originally posted by dilemma221g View Post
          Hey there,
          Admin. process even after reaffirmation seems to be very frustrating...! Would you please share your timeline if you don't mind??? Your initial interview, case sent back, and when it got reaffirmed?? In my case I am just waiting since 10 months without any decision given so far, passport is still with the consulate..!!! I hope this 221g journey end soon for all of us..!!!
          Thanks
          Regards
          First interview was in July 2011, I got 221g which clearly said abt revocation of case and that will be sent back to USCIS. Then in March 2012 (last week), after 8 months USCIS contacted my employer in US and asked some evidences. My employer provided all. Immediately in April 2012(last week) I got reaffirmation with new I797. I contacted consulate in Delhi they called me to visit consulate without scheduling any interview, they just called me to come on any business day. I visited consulate in May 2012 and again VO issued me 221g asking the same docs which my employer already submitted to USCIS, but this time VO kept my passport. I submitted all the docs again. Now, Again in July 2012 they sent another 221g by email asking some more docs. I submitted them immediately. Since then I m waiting.
          This is the story till today

Comment

Hey

First interview was in July 2011, I got 221g which clearly said abt revocation of case and that will be sent back to USCIS. Then in March 2012 (last week), after 8 months USCIS contacted my employer in US and asked some evidences. My employer provided all. Immediately in April 2012(last week) I got reaffirmation with new I797. I contacted consulate in Delhi they called me to visit consulate without scheduling any interview, they just called me to come on any business day. I visited consulate in May 2012 and again VO issued me 221g asking the same docs which my employer already submitted to USCIS, but this time VO kept my passport. I submitted all the docs again. Now, Again in July 2012 they sent another 221g by email asking some more docs. I submitted them immediately. Since then I m waiting.
            This is the story till today
            Thanks for your reply. I hope you get your passport with stamp soon. I am a bit worried about my case since they have not given any decision so far, they have my passport too.. nobody knows what kind of process they do ..!!!???? I have made senators inquiries twice but nothing positive, just standard reply... PENDING/UNDER PROCESS..!!! Lets hope for the best... Good Luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X