Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: I797 now mandatory for first time H-4 (dependent) applicants

Hello,

This new process of applying for visa is so confusing, my wife has applied for the H-4 visa and took a date in Oct. She has paid the HDFC receipt and later filled the DS -160 form in the old website (VFS) while taking the visa date she did it in the new website (USTravelDocs.com). She was NOT listed as dependent on my H1B petition filed and sanctioned in April-2012. Now I noticed from some other forum sites that the USTravelDocs.com customer support says, per the new policy effective Sept-26,2012, all the H-4 petitions (including first timers) now need to have a pre-approved I797 from USCIS. The petitioner (my current employer) needs to file a petition to USCIS against the main applicant's approved H1B I797, and the dependent (my wife) needs to carry with her a I797 notice from USCIS issued specifically towards her H4 petition, during her visa interview. How can we get the approved I-797 for her so soon. I thought that the H-4 visa applicant only needs to carry the valid copy of H-1B's I-797 and the same is listed in all the websites.

Any one who appeared for the H-4 visa applied in the new website please share your thoughts.

Thank you!

I just wanted to keep the thread on the top.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X