Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum term of H1B visa?

Hi Friends,
    Need some help. I have been working on in Us on L1B visa for almost 2 years now and my visa is expiring in Dec 2012. I am planning to work from Canada till end of Dec 2013.
    If I apply of H1B visa next year and start working on H1B from Jan 2014, what will be the maximum time I can work on that visa? Will it be 6 years since I have a gap of 1 year in between?

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks.

Originally posted by aks_123 View Post
    Hi Friends,
    Need some help. I have been working on in Us on L1B visa for almost 2 years now and my visa is expiring in Dec 2012. I am planning to work from Canada till end of Dec 2013.
    If I apply of H1B visa next year and start working on H1B from Jan 2014, what will be the maximum time I can work on that visa? Will it be 6 years since I have a gap of 1 year in between?

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks.
    Check with a lawyer, I think USCIS considers day of application not day of start of work for the 1 Year gap period. So if you leave in Dec 2012 and apply in December 2013 you will get 6 Years but whether 2013 Cap will be open till December 2013 or not is anybody's guess.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X