Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT : Got H1 extension done. Changing company and travel to india

Hi All,

I have got my H1 transfer recently and now I am looking to change the company. Also I am planning to visit India in January first week. That will force me to go for visa stamping because I got my extension now.

I have below queries in this whole process.

1. If I change job now, new employer will have to do H1 transfer. How safe it is to get transfer considering I have just got my H1 extension?
    2. If all go well and I join new company, would it create any problem when I go for visa stamping with my dependents in india considering I would have just spent 1 or 1.5 months with my new employer?

Can anybody please help me in these question?

Thanks,
    Jenish

Can anybody please reply to this question?

Thanks,
    Jenish

Comment

Can anybody please help me out in below question? Its bit urgent for me.

Thanks
      Jenish

Comment

Can somebody please help me here?

Jenish

Comment

Originally posted by jenish007 View Post
          Hi All,

I have got my H1 transfer recently and now I am looking to change the company. Also I am planning to visit India in January first week. That will force me to go for visa stamping because I got my extension now.

I have below queries in this whole process.

1. If I change job now, new employer will have to do H1 transfer. How safe it is to get transfer considering I have just got my H1 extension?
          2. If all go well and I join new company, would it create any problem when I go for visa stamping with my dependents in india considering I would have just spent 1 or 1.5 months with my new employer?

Can anybody please help me in these question?

Thanks,
          Jenish

I cant provide you any legal advice, but many of my friends have changed job here in US and I myself have changed employer few times now. What I heard, as long as the current employer is a legit company, and not a body shopper like most of the 'consulting' companies are, you shouldn't have any issue. Generally people face issue when the H1 holding company is nothing but body shopper and employee workes in some other company as consultant.

Again, this is not a legal statement, just my opinion.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

My worry is if I change the job just a month before going to india, would it cause the issue while going for stamping in india? Because I would be able to produce only couple of payslips for new company and other documents.

Thanks,
            Jenish

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X