H1b visa stamping for indians in singapore us embassy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b visa stamping for indians in singapore us embassy

Iam a resident of India currently working in Singapore with P2 (Employment Pass) for the past 2 months. My H1b Work permit (2013) petition was approved and I need to schedule an appointment with the visa consular. Since iam currently in Singapore can I schedule the appointment with US consulate in Singapore for my h1b visa stamping? Though It has been advised as per I797 to attend Interview at chennai however should I be eligible to attend interview in Singapore or i need to go back to India for stamping.
    Last edited by karcap; 10-12-2012, 11:03 AM.

As you are working in Singapore, it is OK to apply from there.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

HIB Interview

Dear All,

I have got my H1B approval last week and needs to attend the interview in couple of weeks.

Could you please help me with step by step process like where to pay the fee e.t.c.

I have heard that success rate is very high.

Comment

karthik,
        u can mail We will discuss...

Originally posted by Karthik2011 View Post
        Dear All,

I have got my H1B approval last week and needs to attend the interview in couple of weeks.

Could you please help me with step by step process like where to pay the fee e.t.c.

I have heard that success rate is very high.

Comment

Re: H1B Petition approved can i attend Interview in Singapore Consulate

Hi Karcap,

I am in same boat as you. So just checking if you have attended the interview in singapore and its approved or you have gone back to home country?

Please let me know because i am planning to attend interview sooner in current month. But not able to decide if i can attend in singapore or have to go back to mumbai because my I797 says i should attend in MUMBAI since its my home country but i am living in singapore and working on EP Pass..

Your advice will be really helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Hi

Hi,
            Have you attended the interview in singapore?Please tell me whter it is stamped from singapore consulate?

Comment

Please help : urgent

I need some urgent guidance as I will be appearing for an H1 stamping interview at Singapore consulate for my H1B. I have been working here in Singapore since 2 years.
              Could you please guide me with the documents which I should carry with me and with some suggestions/advice on interview part.

Hows the approval rate at singapore consulate?

Any help is much appreciated and I will be really very thankful.

Thanks
              Shivani

Comment

Originally posted by shivani_pc View Post
                I need some urgent guidance as I will be appearing for an H1 stamping interview at Singapore consulate for my H1B. I have been working here in Singapore since 2 years.
                Could you please guide me with the documents which I should carry with me and with some suggestions/advice on interview part.

Hows the approval rate at singapore consulate?

Any help is much appreciated and I will be really very thankful.

Thanks
                Shivani
                [email protected]
                Hi Shivani,
                i had undergone H1B interview process in singapore consulate and had a very bad experience from consulate.they asked for all documents.so Please be prepared with all documents.Mainly Letter from employer to USCIS,D160,appt letter,photo,visa receipt etc.
                Also be prepared with all supporting docs like....employers Tax returns for the year of 2012,2011,2010,wage reports,company photos,SOW,etc..

beast Regards,
                J

Comment

Arav

Originally posted by AJenni View Post
                  Hi Shivani,
                  i had undergone H1B interview process in singapore consulate and had a very bad experience from consulate.they asked for all documents.so Please be prepared with all documents.Mainly Letter from employer to USCIS,D160,appt letter,photo,visa receipt etc.
                  Also be prepared with all supporting docs like....employers Tax returns for the year of 2012,2011,2010,wage reports,company photos,SOW,etc..

beast Regards,
                  J
                  Hi Ajenni,

Can you please specify have you got the visa, also please let us know when did u appeared for the interview.

I am in the same boat as shivani, I have got my H1B approval, and iam planning to appear in Singapore consulate. I need some more info on this , can you please shed some light on this.

Comment

Hi guys,

Any success stories in this thread? Please share.

Thanks,
                    K

Comment

Hi
                      I am planning to attend soon, appreciate if anyone can share their interview experience ( docs asked ) who had attended recently.

Comment

H1b visa interview

Hi,

I attended for h1b for myself and h4 for my wife and younger son (2 yr+) and elder son ( 5 yr+ American by birth ) on 09/16/2013 in Singapore. ( 3 people only for stamping). VO asked me my roles and responsibilities in US, where I will be working, client name, vendor name, where I am working in Singapore, Marriage cert and birth cert of my kids. List of employees of my employer. Asked me old passport having old visa stamping. Tax documents of my employer. Vendor letter. He asked me reporting structure in the project. Reporting manager and his designation. He asked me to show project detailed description, I showed him project client letter, offer letter of my employer. He was not convinced and my case is in administrative processing. He kept all my docs except passports. Didn't give me any slip. I tried to contact them by email and even mailed then soft and hard copy of project description. But still the case is in AP. Let me know if you need further info. I may loose project bcos of this delay. Really disappointed. Better to go home country for stamping. Bcos success rate is good in India nowadays, if I read online but it all depends on your luck. All the best.
                        Last edited by paryaniafroze; 09-23-2013, 03:49 PM. Reason: Some more info

Comment

Originally posted by paryaniafroze View Post
                          Hi,

I attended for h1b for myself and h4 for my wife and younger son (2 yr+) and elder son ( 5 yr+ American by birth ) on 09/16/2013 in Singapore. ( 3 people only for stamping). VO asked me my roles and responsibilities in US, where I will be working, client name, vendor name, where I am working in Singapore, Marriage cert and birth cert of my kids. List of employees of my employer. Asked me old passport having old visa stamping. Tax documents of my employer. Vendor letter. He asked me reporting structure in the project. Reporting manager and his designation. He asked me to show project detailed description, I showed him project client letter, offer letter of my employer. He was not convinced and my case is in administrative processing. He kept all my docs except passports. Didn't give me any slip. I tried to contact them by email and even mailed then soft and hard copy of project description. But still the case is in AP. Let me know if you need further info. I may loose project bcos of this delay. Really disappointed. Better to go home country for stamping. Bcos success rate is good in India nowadays, if I read online but it all depends on your luck. All the best.
                          Can you help us know if you got your Visa stamping?

Comment

Hi,

Much appreciated if you can share the vi questions n result.

Thanks,
                            K

Comment

Originally posted by srao_k View Post
                              Hi,

Much appreciated if you can share the vi questions n result.

Thanks,
                              K
                              Any updates from anyone please?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X