Question on I-94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on I-94

I have h1 visa stamped until sep 2013 from company A but I have to leave that and took a job in company B and this H1 is only till 19 nov 2012.I filed a new h1 from company C on 12th oct 2012.
    My family is in India and now they would be joining me on 25th of this month.
    My question is -they would be getting an I-94 only untill 19th nov 2012 and what happens to their visa status.
    And how to get their new updated I- 94.will this be a cause of concern?
    Please help.

Originally posted by setty View Post
    I have h1 visa stamped until sep 2013 from company A but I have to leave that and took a job in company B and this H1 is only till 19 nov 2012.I filed a new h1 from company C on 12th oct 2012.
    My family is in India and now they would be joining me on 25th of this month.
    My question is -they would be getting an I-94 only untill 19th nov 2012 and what happens to their visa status.
    And how to get their new updated I- 94.will this be a cause of concern?
    Please help.
    Till when is your last I-94 valid? Your family can enter US as logn as they have a valid H4 in their passport and they carry your latest petition as well as employment verification letter. Once in US they can extend their I-94 till your I-94 date.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

My I-94 is valid till 19th nov 2012.
      How can I extend their I-94 dates?Like do I need to fill some forms or visit an uscis centre.

Comment

Originally posted by setty View Post
        My I-94 is valid till 19th nov 2012.
        How can I extend their I-94 dates?Like do I need to fill some forms or visit an uscis centre.
        As per USCIS:

"Your employer should file a Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, before the date your Form I-94 expires.If your employer files a Form I-129 to extend
        your stay, and your spouse or unmarried children under age 21 also want to extend their stay, they need to file a Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status. They can all be included on one I-539. It is best to file the I-129 and I-539 together so that they may be adjudicated about the same time. Remember, though, that they are separate applications. Therefore, you and your family members (and your employer) must follow the instructions and file all the supporting documents with each application, even when filing the forms together."

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X